Do you have passion and drive for improving services for a values led business that has a strong social purpose to help people find a home? It is an exciting time to join Paradigm, as we embark on the biggest digital transformation programme in our history to future-proof the organisation, enhance customer satisfaction and take us from good to great. To reach this goal we are seeking a special person with a ‘can-do’ approach to join our Payments & Income Team, which is part of a very busy Finance directorate of approximately 60 people.
Although we cannot promise permanency, in a directorate of this size, there may well be potential for career opportunities during the period of this fixed term contract. Supporting the Payments and Income Team Manager you will work to ensure efficient cover is provided to both the Income and Payments Teams, enabling the successful implementation of the new financial system. We are looking for an experienced manager who is able to hit the ground running. You must be a team player with the ability to work on your own to ensure the transactions in both teams are processed and recorded accurately and the Payments and Income teams provide an effective service to their customers.
You will need to:
- Have experience of successfully leading and motivating a team.
- Substantial experience of financial systems and processes
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to explain complex situations simply
- Ability to plan and manage (sometimes under pressure) individual and team workloads effectively
- Numerate, accurate and a high level of attention to detail
The role and you: This is a great role to acquire valuable experience whilst we implement our new finance system. You will gain knowledge and experience in the Housing Sector which provides homes to almost 6m people and is at the forefront of tackling the housing crisis and providing sustainable homes for the future. If you want to make a difference and have the ability to rise to the challenge to meet and manage key deadlines, whilst at the same time delivering on the day to day work, this role could be for you.
- Competitive salary and pension options
- 25 days holidays p/a to start, plus 3 days during office closure at Xmas / New year plus 8 bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days p/a (subject to conditions)
- Remote / hybrid working, modern offices and free parking on site
- Bonus potential
- An excellent Health Cash Plan (worth more than £1,800 p/a covering areas such dental, optical, physio, reflexology & more)
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
Where could this role take you? Whilst this is not a permanent role, in a business our size (around 450 employees with over 15,000 properties) and with the transformation we are going through, there is a strong possibility that this could either be extended or other opportunities may arise; many of our talented colleagues started at Paradigm as temporary/interim and have gone on to forge successful careers with us. However, if something longer term doesn’t materialise, you will still gain valuable experience which will add to your employability in this and similar fields.
A bit more about us…… We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. The organisation is clearly focussed on the delivery of its five year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them. You will work in modern offices with newly created innovative collaborative workspaces.
We are Paradigm Housing Group.
We manage more than 15,000 homes across the South East.
We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent. We want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford.
As a charity, the money we make goes into building new homes and providing an excellent service for residents.