IT & Communication Technology
Partner Support Consultant
£20,000 - £25,000 based on Experience
Full-time | Permanent
Cams Hall Estate, PO16 8UX
We are delighted to be working with our client based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. With over 20 years in the technology sector, our client prides itself on being one of the largest in its field and due to continued growth, they are now on the lookout for a Partner Support Consultant to join their team.
The Services and Support team is responsible for supporting our partners through answering inbound phone calls and email enquiries and managing the resulting support tickets generated. The team is also responsible for supporting partners with the use of inhouse platforms and vendor portals, provisioning of new services, new partner onboarding and occasional project tasks.
The purpose of this role is to deliver effective support to our partners through answering inbound enquiries, providing technical assistance, advice, and guidance. A Support Consultant will also assist with the provisioning and onboarding of products and services within the portfolio. In addition, fully supporting the use of the platforms and vendor portals and achieving high levels of partner satisfaction.
You will provide both reactive and proactive support for the client’s partners, predominantly answering inbound phone calls and responding to email enquiries. You will also need to escalate support tickets to vendors when appropriate and provide regular updates to the client’s partners. A Support Consultant may also help identify opportunities where additional services would enhance a partner’s experience.
This is a full-time position based from our Head Office in Fareham but may rarely require occasional travel to industry/company events and partner meetings. This role is based on a shift pattern within core business hours of 08:00-18:00, Monday to Friday.
The Partner Support function within is business critical; this role profile is open to review at regular intervals to ensure it stays aligned with the business strategy and on-going goals.
Our ideal Partner Support Consultant:
- Must have at least one of the following:
a. 12 months relevant experience working in a similar role.
b. CompTIA A+, MTA in IT infrastructure or equivalent.
c. Relevant degree in IT or comparable subject.
d. BTEC Level 3 in IT or equivalent (advanced Level 3 IT apprenticeship / A-level in IT or computing).
- GCSE Maths and English, grade A to C or level 4 (or equivalent).
- Competent PC user with strong Microsoft Office suite skills.
- Demonstrable interest in IT with an aptitude for technical troubleshooting.
- Able to demonstrate strong written and clear verbal communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, taking ownership of issues from reporting through to resolution to promote partner satisfaction and positive feedback.
- Demonstrable experience in handling difficult and complicated issues, turning a negative issue into a positive partner outcome.
- At least 12-18 months experience of working in a cloud/hosted high availability ITIL service environment, working on live systems where reliability, uptime and meeting SLAs are crucial.
- Working knowledge and understanding of all current Microsoft Cloud Applications and certification of at least one of the following associated qualifications:
- Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Exam MS-900: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Exam MB-910: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals
- Exam PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
- Exam SC-900: Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals
- General awareness of IT concepts and cloud architectures, VMware and Hyper-V environments.
- Demonstrable advanced IT skills, for example PowerShell or Terminal.
- Experience with ticketing systems, escalations, and business workflows.
- Knowledge of Cloud Orchestration Platforms, i.e. Cloudblue/Vuzion CORE.
In return for your continued commitment, our client is offering the following package and benefits:
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays rising by one day per year
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Company Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our clients next Partner Support Consultant, register your interest by clicking apply now!
We look forward to meeting you!