Property & Construction
Part Time Fire Safety Manager (1 day p/w) FTC for 6 months
High Wycombe, hybrid working
Salary £12k for 1 day P/W (Equivalent to £60k p/a FTE) + Excellent Benefits
We are looking for someone who has in depth knowledge and experience of building safety to assist in Building Safety and writing of the building safety case for our high-rise high-risk building.
This is a 6 months’ Fixed Term role, 1 day a week working within the Compliance Team which forms part of the larger Property directorate.
Your main responsibilities will include
Review; Fire Strategy, Approach and Policy documentation
Support the ‘Accountable Person’ as defined under the Building Safety Act to exercise their duties.
Produce and support the Building Safety Case for High-Risk High Rise buildings
Ensuring Paradigm develop a Fire Safety Strategy for Fire Safety Management in connection with building safety.
To be successful in this role you should have/be:
• A recognised qualification in fire risk assessments from accredited bodies such as the Fire Protection Association, Fire Industry Association and/or NEBOSH.
• Experience of writing and managing Policy and Procedure
• Experience of managing Fire Risk Assessments in Housing Environment
• Accreditation under the Fire Risk Assessor National Register recognised by Paradigm which are IFSM, IFE, FRACS.
• Able to exercise sound professional judgement in decision making employing risk management principles
We want to hear from people who are passionate about Building Safety, possess a strong work ethic and a flexible approach.
We are a Best Companies 1 STAR (aspiring to 2 star) accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions (Pro- rata for Part Time)
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year (Pro-rata for Part Time)
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging electric vehicle charging points for vehicles
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
If the above appeals to you, apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?