Children & Young People
Nursery Deputy Manager –Shooting Stars Gloucester, 281 Stroud Road, Gloucester, GL1 5LB
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week, from Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 6pm.
We know that high quality Deputy Managers are in very high demand and more valuable than ever before! With lots of childcare settings recruiting at the moment, we know nursery practitioners have the power of choice. That's why Shooting Stars offers a generous reward package including bonus scheme, childcare discount, training and development opportunities and career progression.
You deserve to feel special, truly valued and rewarded for the unique set of skills and high level of professional knowledge that you hold as a Early Years Professional with experience in a leadership role, qualified to a minimum of Level 3, and with the leadership skills to take your team to the next level.
So get in touch to see what a career at Shooting Stars has to offer you.
What will Shooting Stars offer you?
- £500 Welcome Bonus (T's and C's apply)
- You will be eligible for our ‘Everyone Matters’ bonus scheme where employees can earn up to 5% of their gross salary (T’s & C’s apply)
- We offer an auto-enrolment pension scheme
- We offer a generous 50% staff childcare discount (subject to terms and availability)
- We subsidise social events for our staff to encourage team morale
- Each setting runs a staff recognition scheme to celebrate excellence
- Training and Celebration Events
- All staff have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a confidential 24 hour service offering support and advice for all aspects of life including health, well-being and fitness, legal matters, personal coaching. Accessible over the phone or via an app
About this role……
You know all of the standard stuff already, but what are we really looking for? Honestly? We are looking for someone really special!
If you are a practitioner who truly values children and childhood; who believes in helping children see the magic and wonder in the world around them no matter what challenges they face; who believes in really immersing themselves in play with children (not just supervising them); who can make every day an adventure; who is an advocate for children, all that they do, and all that they need; and who understands that nurture, high level emotional well-being and true creativity are the foundations for all other learning; as well as having the skill and passion to lead others to deliver childcare and education to a high standard, and the ability to support the management of a nursery setting this might just be the job for you.
The Deputy Manager is the suitable person in charge of the nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager and responsible for assisting the Nursery Manager in all operational and regulatory aspects of running the nursery, building a vision which is shared by the whole team. The role is a key leadership role in Shooting Stars Nurseries, with responsibility for all aspects of managing the nursery.
The Deputy Manager will work with the Nursery Manager to effectively lead, inspire potential and engage their team to deliver exceptional care and education whilst articulating the attributes of the Shooting Stars Brand, securing Shooting Stars as the provider of choice for families and employees. The expectation is this will be delivered by being present throughout the day in the nursery rooms, engaging with staff and families whilst ensuring the expected levels of practice are consistently applied and fully embedded at every level.
The Deputy Manager has a key leadership role, contributing to the overall responsibility for the day to day oversight of safeguarding, health and safety practices and child protection in the setting, and maintaining accurate and up to date systems and records at all times. The Deputy Manager must be able to work autonomously, and take the lead role in these areas in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
The Deputy Manager will assist the Nursery Manager in the effective leadership of the nursery team, providing training, coaching and mentoring and implementing a robust performance management strategy to ensure service excellence for our current and prospective customers.
· Are you ambitious about what children can achieve?
· Are you excited and imaginative about creating possibilities for their learning?
· Do you possess an astonishing array of voices that can be used for dramatic effect in all kinds of stories?
· Are you devoted to making connections with families because you know that is the best way to understand children?
· Are you a confident multitasker, for example whilst being bandaged up (because you are the patient today) can you still ensure that all nappies are fresh and you have a plan for snack time?
· Do you get a real buzz from delivering fantastic customer service that makes families feel awesome about the provision you offer?
· Can you be a superhero (or a polar bear, or an astronaut) at a moments notice because that is what your audience demands?
· Are you more concerned about what children take home in their hearts and minds, than in their hands when they leave nursery?
· Do you love arriving at the end of a day and knowing that you made a difference?
· Are you passionate, driven and motivated, and able to motivate those around you?
· Are organised and efficient, and able to use your own high standards and professionalism to create the same ethos throughout your team?
If this sounds like you what are you waiting for, we’d love to meet you.
Essential - Minimum Level 3 recognised childcare qualification.
Desirable - Paediatric first aid qualification; any related professional qualification (e.g. Foundation Degree, EYPS, EYTS)
Essential - Experience working in a children’s day nursery
Desirable - Knowledge and experience of delivering the EYFS; experience of Ofsted inspections; working with children with Special Educational Needs; experience in a leadership role.
Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children within our care and expects all those employed by the Company to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions. It also prevents unsuitable people form working with vulnerable groups, including children through its criminal records checking and barring functions.
We understand that any nursery, indeed any organisation, is only as good as the people within it. We know that it takes a very special kind of person to work for Shooting Stars.
Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to ensuring that all our staff share our ethos; creating a values based culture where mutual respect, integrity and high quality interactions facilitate communication and understanding which empowers our children, parents and staff to succeed in a rich, stimulating care and learning environment within the nurture of our passionate, dedicated team.
Shooting Stars Nurseries are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children within our care and expects all those employed by the Company to share this commitment. All posts involve working with children and are therefore exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. You are therefore required to declare any convictions that you may have, including th