Property & Construction
Working for yourself has its merits, but it’s a tough gig. If you’re feeling like you want all the good stuff without the hassle and need a change then read on to find out about the roles we have available and our fantastic employment benefits.
If you (or someone you know) is/are experienced in multiple trades (such as Carpentry, Plumbing, Painting & Decorating, Tiling etc) and then apply and we could be doing all of the stuff you hate, leaving you to do the things you’re really good at and that you enjoy! Alternatively, you may be working for another business but would like to move to an organisation that is on firm financial footing, with excellent benefits and has a track record in promoting talent from within.
Due to growth in our business, a strong commitment to our customer care standards, health & safety aims, environmental and sustainability agenda, we have 2 new vacancies available in our voids team. As a Paradigm Technician working for our DLO (Direct Labour Operation), we’ll supply you with a fully equipped hybrid van (no insurance renewals or services to concern yourself with as we do that) and a fuel card to ensure you can get around easily. We’ll provide you with an electronic tablet where your you can see your scheduled jobs and access our intranet for the latest company news. You’ll also get a mobile ‘phone, work clothing and PPE and we’ll aim to book your jobs in your local area where possible.
As a Voids Multi Skilled Technician, you will be required to complete maintenance work within our empty/void properties. Being skilled in 3 trades or more, you will be responsible for completing repairs to our empty homes and ensuring that the properties are ready for re- letting in line with our key performance indicators.
The successful candidate will have relevant qualifications and/or be able to demonstrate solid previous experience in this type of maintenance work. The successful candidate must have a relevant City and Guilds or NVQ or relevant experience in maintenance and repairs work specific to trades. A sound knowledge of relevant legislation and/or Codes of Practice i.e. Construction, building regulations and health and safety is required.
Paradigm employees more than 500 staff has over 15,000 properties, with an annual turnover of £150million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers, we aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to condition
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- On-call potential payments (for some roles, depending on business needs)
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
If the above appeals to you apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?