Property & Construction
Due to growth in our business, a strong commitment to our customer care standards, health & safety aims, environmental and sustainability agenda, we have a number of vacancies within Our Direct Labour Operation (DLO).
As a Paradigm Technician working for our DLO, we’ll supply you with a fully equipped hybrid van (no insurance renewals or services to concern yourself with as we do that) and a fuel card to ensure you can get around easily. We’ll provide you with an electronic tablet where your you can see your scheduled jobs and access our intranet for the latest company news. You’ll also get a mobile ‘phone, work clothing and PPE and we’ll aim to book your jobs in your local area where possible. You will be the face of Paradigm and will deliver a quality service to our customers in their homes, so a friendly and polite manner is as important as competence and high standards of work in your given trade.
Paradigm employees more than 500 staff has over 15,000 properties, with an annual turnover of +£150million, we are a financially strong, safety conscious, and an environmentally aware social housing provider. We endeavour to make the best use of our resources in order to provide a cost effective and professional service to our customers, we aim to provide a first fix service where possible, with professional, polite and competent people delivering and exceeding on our Customer Care Standards.
Role specific requirements:
- Relevant qualification/certifications or 5 years’ experience
- Experience/Knowledge of Windows and Door Systems (including UPVC, Aluminium, Composite, and Wood) in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings relevant building codes, legislation, regulations, policies and procedures installation and maintenance.
- The ability to take accurate measurements measure for glazing, windows, and doors, follow drawings and plans to installation
- Perform Scheduled/Reactive Maintenance Service on window glazing systems, doors systems and fixtures including UPVC, Aluminium, Composite, and Wood
- Interior and exterior trim repairs to cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in homes, (E)
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to condition
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- On-call potential payments (for some roles, depending on business needs)
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
If the above appeals to you apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?