SCA Wood UK’s flagship manufacturing centre based in Melton site is going through an exciting growth! We are increasing the level of available production hours to support our customer expectations. From 1st January 2021, we have moved to a 24/7 operation on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
As a result of this change, we are increasing our workforce to support the creation of an extra team with the production and warehouse facility.
Therefore, we are looking for a multiskilled engineer to support the new night shift team.
Our existing manufacturing lines include:
- Hydromat high speed planing line
- Powermat planing line
- Stenner band saw
- Cross cut saws
- Weinig casings and linings wrapping line
- Baling and bulk handling equipment and machinery
Reporting to the Lead Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Resolving unplanned breakdown issues on any of the lines above
- Working through the planned maintenance schedules
- Sharing knowledge and best practice with machine operators
- Keeping on top of stock levels for parts
- Working closely with shift management to drive the OEE (productivity) performance
It goes without saying that applicants must have mechanical experience with an electro mechanical background and have an exposure to high volume production in a milling or manufacturing environment. Any machinery experience related to wood would be advantageous however, your “can do” attitude is more important as it your personal values and behaviours being linked to SCA’s core values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
This role is a night shift position working 6pm – 6am on a rotating shift pattern of 4 nights on and 4 nights off. Please therefore only apply if you are able to fulfil this requirement.
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in, we offer a competitive benefits package!
- Hourly rate from £14.30 (depending up on experience) plus a generous shift allowance.
- Fantastic pension contribution of up to 10% of your salary
- Life Assurance x 4 of your basic salary
- 24 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- Exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.