Marketing & Communications
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our new Marketing Manager. This role can be performed from our Head Office in Brighton, or working remotely from home.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart. If you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
As our marketing manager you will be responsible for creating and delivering the agency's marketing strategy and helping to drive our growing business. Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors - we need you to help do that for us!
We are looking for someone talented, creative and ambitious. You will be responsible for managing and promoting our brand nationally and internationally, the role covers some of the following:
- Content marketing, agency branding and marketing collateral
- Working with creative teams to deliver regular outreach material such as case studies, white papers and thought leadership
- Promoting PR and establishing PR relationships
- Support and promoting our outreach events
- Building strategic relationships and partnering with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Managing relationships with strategic partners and joint marketing initiatives
- Developing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation and drive qualified traffic
- Deploying successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
- Experimenting with various organic and paid acquisition channels
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Oversee and approve all marketing material
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals, analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
This is a small team environment demanding a dynamic and flexible team player, strong interpersonal skills and a business mind. We need someone digitally literate and a creative and eloquent writer. A strong negotiator, relentless self starter with obsessive attention to detail.
To fit in, it's important that you share our enthusiastic, proactive, can do approach. We live by 5 principles; we want to be challenged, we want our work to have purpose, we want to achieve great results, work with people we like and enjoy what we do. Key skills for this role are:
- Demonstrable experience in marketing within technology and ideally ecommerce
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Exceptional integrated multi-channel marketing campaign experience.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing channels and techniques yet also experienced in non-digital channels
- Experienced in creating and delivering “CRM” customer engagement and conversion campaigns that are data driven and continually optimised
- Experience of brand management, from creative, tone of voice and positioning
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to all organisational levels
What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!