Marketing & Communications
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our Marketing Communications Director.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento (Adobe Commerce) Enterprise/Gold Partners with an international reputation.
We help ambitious companies sell more online. Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
As our marketing communications director you will be responsible for creating and delivering the agency's marketing strategy and helping to drive our growing business. Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors - we need you to do that for us.
We are looking for someone talented, creative and ambitious, someone who can lead, inspire, and excite. You will be responsible for managing and promoting our brand nationally and internationally, the role covers the following:
- Content marketing, agency branding, marketing collateral and lead generation
- Working with creative teams to deliver regular outreach material such as case studies, white papers and thought leadership
- Leading and working on joint marketing initiatives with key partners such as Adobe and PayPal
- Promoting PR and establishing PR relationships
- Support and promoting our outreach events such as ecomrocks.com
- Building strategic relationships and partnering with key industry players, agencies and vendors for joint marketing initiatives
- Developing strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation and drive qualified traffic
- Deploying successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
- Experimenting with various organic and paid acquisition channels
- Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about our company and drive qualified traffic to our front door
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups
- Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Oversee, produce and approve all marketing material including our sales material
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals, analyse consumer behaviour and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
- Represent the organisation at events and press conferences
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national and global level
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee moral working alongside our Head of People and Culture to make GENE an employer of choice
This is a small team of 50 people, demanding a dynamic and flexible team player, strong interpersonal skills and a business mind. We need someone excited by technology, commerce, digitally literate, with a creative flair and an eloquent writer. A strong negotiator, relentless self-starter with obsessive attention to detail.
To fit in, it's vital you live and breathe our values: We strive for better; We find a way; We bring the energy; We thrive together; We deliver results. Key skills for this role are:
- Demonstrable experience in marketing within technology and ideally ecommerce
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading across channels marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Exceptional integrated multi-channel marketing campaign experience.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing channels and techniques yet also experienced in non-digital channels
- Experienced in creating and delivering “CRM” customer engagement and conversion campaigns that are data driven and continually optimised
- Experience of brand management, from creative, tone of voice and positioning
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to all organisational levels
- Experience of devising, executing and delivering content strategies
What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London, Bristol & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!