Marketing and Fundraising Assistant
£20,000 – £23,000 pa
Full-time – Permanent
Ramsdean, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 1RU
Hounds for Heroes provides specially trained assistance dogs to injured and disabled personnel of both the UK Armed Forces and Emergency Services. Through this provision we aim to provide help and practical support leading to an enhanced quality of life.
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing and Fundraising Assistant. This role plays a vital part in our fundraising and income generation activities requiring interaction across the breadth of the charity and involvement in a broad range of activities. As a member of a small team, you will need to be flexible and prepared to support with the tasks necessary for the smooth running of the charity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Website and Social Media:
Hounds for Heroes maintains both a website and a social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). These are things we are keen to enhance to support raising awareness and fundraising. An ability to own and manage aspects of this would be a distinct advantage.
- Pro-active maintenance of permanent and semi-permanent content on the website
- Maintain central calendar of events and activities likely to generate posting opportunities
- Work with teams to establish a schedule of posts in support of their activities/campaigns
- Proactively collate text/media required for posting
- Schedule accurate, timely posts consistent with the charity’s brand guidelines
- Participate in the feedback loop on responses to posts in order to grow the effectiveness of campaigns
- Manage the collection, utilization and archival of media across the charity in a structured manner
Support the fundraising operation to ensure the delivery of effective support for fundraisers and events and maximise income
- Run the monthly Virgin Money and Just Giving Donation reports as required for holiday/sickness cover to ensure that the Income Tracker is updated monthly with accurate information
- Be a charity ambassador and attend community events where appropriate/necessary
- Identify and deliver targeted merchandise selling
- Maintain the shop site on the website in an effective manner
- Maintain accurate stock levels of all merchandise items and perform required stocktaking
- Monitor incoming merchandise orders. Process and despatch merchandise orders within Charity guidance
- Maintain order spreadsheets.
- Prepare merchandise packs for the Charity’s own event attendance.
- Maintain all records to the standard required for audit (Internal and External).
- Provide data for input into reports
Harlequin is the CRM application at the heart of all donor, volunteer & fundraising activities in the charity. The timely and accurate use of this key resource is crucial to the workflow of the charity.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of Windows Office suite; Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint etc
- Competence in the use of Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn required
- Familiarity with Wordpress would be an advantage
- Previous experience of a CRM system eg Harlequin, would be an advantage
- A high level of organisation
- Friendly, helpful, open minded and willing to learn
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing ‘to do’ list
- Have an eye for detail and be accurate
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative to see what needs doing rather than waiting to be asked
- Well-spoken so you can be easily understood
- Smart and well-presented (so as to give good first impression to visitors)
- Clear use of written English with accurate spelling and grammar
- Able to work in a team (i.e. readily offer assistance to others)
- A full driving license is required
- Experience driving larger vehicles could be beneficial but not essential; training will be provided if required
- An understanding that whilst there are contracted hours, there will occasionally be times when the role requires working beyond these
Own transport to place of work required due to picturesque rural location.
In return, we offer free onsite parking, charity vehicles for work related travel along with on-site kitchen facilities for lunch.
To apply, please click the apply button to submit your CV.
Closing date: Tuesday, 17th May 2022.