We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join our professional and forward-thinking finance team. This role supports the Senior Management Accountant in providing a comprehensive and professional financial service to the Group, including its subsidiaries and joint ventures.
This role is a key part of the Income and Service Charge functions together with budgeting and forecasting and aiding with the wider strategic plan for the Group, also assist with internal audits and provide support on other finance tasks where appropriate. You will have direct responsibility for liaising with budget holders in analysing the performance of budgets, determining reasons for variances and obtaining outturn forecasts for the remainder of each financial year. You will also have direct management responsibility of the annual service charge process, both for estimated and actual charges, to ensure accuracy and reliability to Group residents. This includes the line management of one member of the team. You will provide assurance on rent controls via monthly reconciliations and variance analysis and support the Senior Management Accountant with the annual statutory external audit for each entity within the group.
- Knowledge of the income and service charge functions of an accounting system.
- Knowledge of service charge legislation.
- Skills to prepare clear and concise financial reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Experience dealing with external stakeholders.
Experience and understanding of a Registered Providers financial legislation, including reporting standards (particularly Financial Reporting Standard 102).
Ability to deal with challenging situations in the workplace.
Previous line management experience.
Experience of the following IT systems – Open Accounts, Orchard Housing.
Qualified member of the CCAB* or CIMA/ACCA, or with relevant demonstrable experience of working within the sector.
Please see the job description attached for more key accountabilities
You will need to maintain a satisfactory basic level DBS check.
What can we offer?
Working close to Watford Junction station and within walking distance to the shops and cafes of Watford town centre, your salary will be £35,000-£40,000.
In return we offer a competitive package with includes:
• 28 days annual leave and closure at Christmas and bank holidays
• Employer pension contributions up to 11%
• Development opportunities
• Staff discount scheme
• The opportunity to ‘win’ staff awards, including duvet days, free massages, shopping vouchers
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
*We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if a suitable candidate is found.*
Closing Date: 30/05/2021
Interviews: W/C 07/06/2021