SCA Wood UK’s Melton site is going through an exciting change. The aim is to increase the level of available production hours to support SCA’s customer expectations. SCA are moving to a permanent days (6am-6pm) or nights (6pm-6am) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern, which is due to start from 1st January 2021. As a result of this change, SCA are increasing their workforce to support the creation of an extra team with the production and warehouse facility.
Therefore, we are looking for a skilled Maintenance Technician to support the new night shift team.
Our existing manufacturing lines include:
- Hydromat high speed planing line
- Powermat planing line
- Stenner band saw
- Cross cut saws
- Weinig casings and linings wrapping line
- Baling and bulk handling equipment and machinery
Reporting to the Lead Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Resolving unplanned breakdown issues on any of the lines above
- Working through the planned maintenance schedules
- Sharing knowledge and best practice with machine operators
- Keeping on top of stock levels for parts
- Working closely with shift management to drive the OEE (productivity) performance
It goes without saying that applicants must have mechanical experience with an electro mechanical background and have an exposure to high volume production in a milling or manufacturing environment. Any machinery experience related to wood would be advantageous however, your “can do” attitude is more important as it your personal values and behaviours being linked to SCA’s core values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
This role will pay an hourly rate from £14.30 (depending up on experience) and you will be provided with a generous shift allowance. SCA offers Life assurance x 4 of your basic salary. We give 24 days annual leave inc 8 public holidays and you will have exclusive access to a discount and cashback scheme giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK.