IT & Communication Technology
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK. As a Magento Support Analyst you will be responsible for providing technical support and assistance in the day to day running, operations and management of our clients ecommerce businesses on Magento 2.
This is a critical role providing a vital contribution to our clients’ success. We are looking for someone who has experience in support and troubleshooting application software; someone who has strong analytical and problem solving skills; someone who can communicate at all levels of technical understanding; someone who can deliver exceptional customer service that makes a real difference for our clients.
GENE COMMERCE is a leading ecommerce agency that has evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors and provide a level of service they won’t find anywhere else.
As a Magento Support Analyst you must have solid technical knowledge of the Magento 2 platform and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and find its solution. You will be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers absorbing and retaining information quickly, answering questions in a user-friendly language, presenting solutions and finding resolutions quickly and effectively, preserving the company’s reputation.Duties and Responsibilities
- 1st and 2nd line support during UK business hours
- Triage and take responsibility for incidents, investigate the root cause and follow their lifecycle through to resolution
- Take a proactive approach to all incidents and problems raised
- Support our delivery teams to ensure that major incidents are documented thoroughly, escalated properly and that client expectations are handled appropriately
- Quality assure all work before handing back to the client
- Monitor SLA response times and drive improvement through the business by identifying and suggesting improvements on procedures
- Perform daily checks & a variety of support tasks within the support team and monitor alerting and reporting systems
- Interact with client teams and DevOps to consult on issues and escalate where needed
- Demonstrate ownership at all times to the customer and within the team
- Engage in scheduled project work to undertake system upgrades, security patches & deployments
- Participate in an on-call rota addressing issues out of hours.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email including Magento admin support
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by clients
- Write documentation, both for the client and internal teams in order to optimise future support in recurring circumstances (Wiki/FAQs)
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
We are looking for someone driven and ambitious who has technical experience and a positive proactive attitude to join our ever-expanding team how can demonstrate:
- Minimum 1 year in a similar Magento support role - application support, sysadmin, programming and customer service
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience of QA testing and understanding its place within the development cycle
- Experience of Magento Commerce Cloud
- Exposure to Git, Docker and deployment processes
- Mature problem-solving approach to quickly diagnose and implement solutions/resolutions quickly
- Think laterally, with urgency and engage collaboratively and with positivity
- Team player, able to learn/adapt quickly and take responsibility
- A very strong customer focus, flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
- Keen interest in digital technology and ecommerce and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
- An excellent communicator with strong team management skills. Distils complex ideas into concise written and verbal descriptions
- Can quickly separate the important tasks from the trivial with ability to identify the most useful next steps
- Excels under pressure and can take on multiple challenges simultaneously staying positive and calm.
GENE is not your average agency. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart. Our GENE Pool initiative encourages development of R&D projects alongside our day-to-day work and has led to groundbreaking products such as BlueFootCMS PageBuilder (acquired by Magento), our official Braintree extensions and the first Apple Pay, Alexa and VR integrations with Magento 2. If you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.What we can do for you
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading agency in a fast-moving growth industry. You will benefit from excellent training and career progression opportunities.
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!