IT & Communication Technology
GENE COMMERCE is a leading ecommerce agency specialising in Magento. We are looking for experienced and ambitious MAGENTO BACKEND DEVELOPERS to help deliver large-scale, international, ecommerce projects.
If you love providing elegant and innovative solutions to business challenges, you are bursting with ideas of how new tech can change the world, you have commercial acumen and the ability to get things done then read on…
GENE, voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the 2019 Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart. Our GENE Pool initiative encourages development of R&D projects alongside our day-to-day work and has led to ground breaking products such as BlueFootCMS PageBuilder (acquired by Magento) and the first Apple Pay, Alexa and VR integrations with Magento 2. So, if you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
- Ability to efficiently build Magento 2 modules in adherence to requirements and specifications
- Comfortable collaborating as part of a team or independently where required
- An adept problem solver with strong ‘debugging’ skills
- A forward thinker and eager learner looking to constantly grow and improve
- At least two years of Magento 2 development experience
- Extensive experience with object oriented programming in PHP 7
- An understanding of SOLID and MVC design principles/patterns
- Active participation in the development of 3rd party integrations with Magento 2 (eg REST, SOAP)
- Comfortable with version control systems (we use git and GitHub)
- Unit Testing with PHPUnit
- Certified Magento 2 Associate or Professional Developer
- Development on the Magento Commerce Platform
To fit in, it's important that you share our enthusiastic, proactive, can do approach. We live by 5 principles; we want to be challenged, we want our work to have purpose, we want to achieve great results, work with people we like and enjoy what we do.
What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!