Property & Construction
About the role: You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our M&E compliance and service contracts across all of Paradigm’s assets to ensure compliance and statutory checks/servicing, repairs related to lifting equipment, water hygiene, asbestos, white goods, active fire protection and associated M&E equipment.
Reporting to the Assistant Director Compliance working within the Property (Services) directorate, you will manage the external specialist compliance contracts to ensure high quality delivery of works that are statutorily and regulatory compliant. You will exercise effective control by monitoring and reviewing mitigation of risk and contracts with regards to compliance, service, record keeping and financial/budget delivery. Management of M&E asset life and project management of the refurb/replacement equipment and plant. You will also be responsible for supporting and guiding a small team of Contract Support Coordinators.
You will be experienced Mechanical & Electrical Manager, with a bias towards mechanical expertise, perhaps working in the property sector already with some knowledge of social housing.
Responsible for the full Mechanical and Electrical operational, financial, commercial, programme and communication activity for a large Social Housing provider. Ensuring that the contract delivers the performance in line with requirements, health safety & environmental statutory compliance, quality, specific site performance objectives, financial budgets, and a pro-active service. working effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
You should have the following skills/experience:
- Recognised qualification in Mechanical/Electrical (M&E) Engineering or similar or at least demonstrable experience in an M&E field of work.
- Proven track record in overseeing and managing the delivery of M&E work to a high standard and in line with legislative requirements.
- Recognised Health and Safety Qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 4 or IOSH Training or SMSTS.
- Strong IT skills in particular Excel.
- Evidence of (or aptitude for) having successfully managed a team
- Skilled in the preparation and presentation of key reports, documents etc.
- Full driving licence (pref clean)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication & persuasive skills
- Enthusiastic, committed, works collaboratively to develop strong relationships working in a solution focussed way
About us: We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Remote hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and free charging points for electric vehicles
- Employee Rewards Platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work.