Position Title: Lord Mayor Attendant / Driver
Salary: Grade 4 £20,092 to £21,748 (Bar at £21,322) per annum pro rata plus 15% flexibility payment
Contract Type: Part Time Permanent
Hours: 17.5 hours (notional) over a 7 day period - you will work annualised hours so your hours will vary from week to week
Work Location: Central Library, St Peters Square, Manchester, M2 5PD
Closing Date: 14 January 2022
The role of the Attendant is part of the Civic and Ceremonial Team.
The Team assist the Lord Mayor and Deputy Lord Mayor in all aspects of their civic duties.
The team also delivers civic receptions and civic events, for example, Remembrance Sunday.
The role of the Attendant/Driver is to support the Lord Mayor in the delivery of their civic duties:
- To ensure the Lord Mayor arrives at all their engagements in a timely manner, assisting with regalia and as and when necessary robing the Lord Mayor.
- Ensure that protocol for the Lord Mayor is maintained at all times.
- Ensure the safety of the Lord Mayor and the regalia during engagements.
- To maintain the civic car to a high standard.
- Other duties include acting as Toast Master/Mace Bearer on appropriate occasions and also helping out in the office when required.
The role is annualised hours and involves working weekends and evenings as required.
We require an individual to support the Lord Mayor to carry out their civic and ceremonial duties, important work that links the council with local communities, charities and businesses as well as international visitors.
You will be required to represent the organisation in a professional and respectful manner and maintain the dignity and standing of the Mayoral office at all times.
We are looking for a presentable and professional individual with good organisational and communication skills. You will be required to wear a uniform.
You must be 21 years old or over and hold a full, clean driving licence.
For further information and an applciation, please click the apply button!