Leisure & Tourism
Are you a great swimmer?
How would you like to use your interest in swimming by working as a Lifeguard in our Leisure Centre? Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public? Then read on...
What you could be part of…
Our Wymondham Leisure had over 4.5 million invested in 2016 ensuring our facilities are some of the best in the area, each week we run a large number of classes and our swimming classes have waiting lists due to their popularity and we continue to want to offer more.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supervise the pool area
- Set up activities within the centre such as.
- Assist with show rounds from the public, schools
- Ensure the centre is well run and ready for business
- Our teams work across our 4 leisure centres so you need to be able to have your own means transport and enjoy this flexible working style
You must have…
Either have or be prepared to complete a RLSS/NPLQ National Pool Lifeguard and a First Aid Qualification. Previous experience in a leisure centre, with good concentration skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme, cycle to work scheme and a car lease scheme.
- Payroll giving scheme
- Refer a friend scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake personal professional development training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.