Property & Construction
We are currently looking for a Labourer/Handyman to join our in-house Repairs Team (GRT) to help deliver our tight deadlines turning around our properties assisting the Repairs Team.
The successful candidate will have:
- General handyman work experience
- The ability to work to tight timescales and changing priorities.
- Awareness of Health & Safety procedures in respect of hazardous materials and work safely on ladder and step work.
Applicants must maintain a satisfactory basic level DBS check.
In return we offer a competitive package (pro rata) which includes:
- 28 days annual leave bank holidays
- Employer pension contributions up to 11%
- Development opportunities
- Staff discount scheme with various retailers
- Life assurance - We offer Life assurance which provides a payment of 4 x your salary
- Everyone Active - gym discount
- HSF - We provide employees the facility to claim cashback for dental, optical and physiotherapy costs, alongside wellness services
- Annual Flu Jab - This is provided each winter to all employees
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
- Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
- Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
- Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality homes and friendlier communities. We own and manage more than 5,000 homes in South-West Hertfordshire.
We are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire. We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities.