IT & Communication Technology
We have the perfect entry-level opportunity for you to start your career in IT as an IT Support Apprentice. This role will be a 2-year fixed term contract which includes completing a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician course in the IT team.
The main purpose of this role is to support the use of technology and IT related systems in order for the Group to maximise the effectiveness of the digital roadmap for the employees, tenants and external stakeholders. Ultimately, to support the Technology and Information Services team in delivering the objectives of the corporate business plan.
Some key accountabilities:
- To assist in the day to day business support operations for IT services to improve the quality of the end users experience when using IT systems and devices.
- To install, configure and provide initial desk side support for hardware system to the end user.
- To install and configure end user application software.
- To maintain the IT inventory for hardware and software.
- Setup and provide first line support for printers, telephones and audio visual equipment
- Monitor end user request to identify potential trends in software or hardware failure.
As part of your role you will be an effective team player with good literacy, numeracy skills to be able to accurately maintain records. You will have a flexible approach to work and are good at time keeping. You will also have experience of Windows operating systems whilst having the ability to effectively utilise ICT including Microsoft and other software to report, input, manipulate and present information as required.
It would be great if you can show previous experience of communicating effectively and experience of working within prescribed framework.
The successful candidate will have 5 A*-C/Grade 9-4 GCSE’s, show that they can confidently use Microsoft office and other ICT systems.
Personal qualities are key for an apprenticeship.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, is a team player, able to organise and prioritise workload and is professional and approachable, with an openness to learn.
What do we offer?
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an excellent base within walking distance of the shops and cafes of Watford town centre. In addition to 28 days annual leave + bank holidays, employer pension contribution up to 11%, development opportunities and employee rewards which include shopping vouchers, duvet days and free massages
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
*We reserve the right to close this advert earlier if a suitable candidate is found.*
Closing date: 9th September 2021
First phone interviews from 7th September
Face to face Interviews from 16th September