IT & Communication Technology
Are you a senior IT Technical person looking to move into an IT Manager role? Have you got experience within a small company, happy to roll your sleeves up and be a jack of all trades?
We are looking for a hands on IT Manager who wants to deliver a valuable and high-quality service to the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience in owning responsibility for delivering an IT service that facilitates the business to operate effectively and efficiently, in meeting its strategic objectives.
- Facilitating the day-to-day IT support to the business, including:
- Management and development of IT Systems including Microsoft stack: Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory; Computers & Server hosting; Alerting and Monitoring; Firewall; Network (internal & external); Printers; UPSs; Mobiles; Phone system.
- Management, support and mentoring of the IT team
- Enhancement and development of IT infrastructure
- Implementation of an effective upgrade program with little or no impact on customer service
- Maintaining complete and up to date logs of Maintenance, Significant IT events, Errors, Backups, Upgrades
- Maintaining and implementing an effective Backup and recovery program
- To ensure that the Company is sufficiently Licensed at all times by carrying out relevant audits and maintain a log of all software and software licenses
- Desktop support process, providing desktop computer technical support for both remote (WFH) and office based users hardware and software
- Maintaining all IT equipment in a good state of repair
- Periodically check that IT systems are not end of life and to replace as necessary
- Supporting and managing the Mauritian office IT, in-line with companywide standards
- Periodically auditing installed software on users computers
- Proactively maintaining the performance of end user computers
- Providing a reliable VPN solution that is supported and always available to authorised staff
- Maintain and update an effective Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity program
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate anti-virus protection is in place to protect the company’s data and ability to serve its customers.
- Ensuring adequate and appropriate security is in place to protect the company’s data in line with the current policies and ISO27000 eg firewall, enforced password changes etc
- Optimisation of ‘up time’ availability of the Companies hardware and software platforms, including telephony.
- SLA reporting on the availability of the Companies hardware and software platforms, including telephony.
- Formulation of plans for the development of the Companies IT and communications systems, including telephony.
- Ensuring day to day IT compliance, including ISO 27000
- All aspects of IT Documentation, including IT projects
- Managing delivery of internal IT improvement projects
- Availability out of hours for IT escalations
- Asset manager
- Maintain all aspects of the building – including ongoing maintenance, fire/intruder alarms, Access control System
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an IT Manager
- An understanding of ISO27001, and the ability to maintain policies and procedures, along with management of annual audit and reviews
- A hands-on working understanding of:
- Cloud Kaspersky
- Microsoft SQL server
- Microsoft Office 365 / Azure AD / Teams / Sharepoint
- Extensive computer, network and software skills.
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team members.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- Jira / Atlassian
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established friendly close knit team providing web applications and associated infrastructure support to large corporate clients worldwide.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced IT Manager who is seeking a fresh challenge and who wants to be part of our growth and success.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. You should also have a ‘Customer First’ ethos with the customer being the IT departments internal customers.