Property & Construction
This is a very exciting time to be joining Paradigm Housing Group. With 15,000 properties, a turnover of £115m and a substantial development and sales programme, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
We have a clear and ambitious view of where we are as an organisation and where we need to get to; providing more homes for people who need them by running an efficient and successful business.
Are you experienced in Housing, Credit Control or Rent Recovery? Due to a secondment of one of Rent Recovery officers to another area of the business. We have an exciting opportunity for an Income Recovery Assistant to join us on a full or part time 9-month contract. You will help provide a responsive and efficient rent collection service.
•Provide a responsive and efficient rent and other debt collection service using various contact methods which include telephone, letter, email, and text.
• Build good relationships with our Local Authority partners and the DWP to ensure benefit income is maximised; and to assist with homelessness prevention.
• Liaise with Housing Officers to ensure a consistent approach across teams and deliver excellent customer service.
• Support tenants with advice on how to maximise their income (including benefits) and encourage them to prioritise debt, signposting relevant support services.
• Provide regular reports to managers on rent arrears levels and trends.
• Keep abreast of changes in legislation for all benefits, and all changes to Paradigm’s policies and procedures.
• Effective and timely use of Frameworks, Rentsense, and other IT systems, tools and facilities.
• Recommend cases for legal action to the Senior Rent Recovery Officer
• Provide administrative support to the Rent Recovery team.
What we're looking for:
• Experience of working in social housing, ideally in Rent/Income Recovery.
• Strong IT skills.
• A working knowledge of welfare reform, Housing Benefit and DWP (Universal Credit).
• Knowledge of housing tenures including shared ownership, leaseholder, temporary housing, Assured and fixed term tenancies.
What we offer:
• Hybrid working (Home & Office)
• Laptop & Mobile Phone
• Free Parking at our modern offices
• Flexible Working Patterns
• 25 Days Holiday (Pro Rata) and 3 day closure at Christmas
This is a great opportunity to join us at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the future success of our business.
Please note that we will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time, therefore reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.