Human Resources & Recruitment
Job Title: HR & Recruitment Administrator
Salary: £21,000 pro-rata to 0.6wte (3 or 4 days/week)
Responsible to: HR & Recruitment Manager
No. of Hours: 22.5 hours/week
Background to the Post
Hertfordshire Mind Network is a leading countywide provider of wellbeing services. This is a position offering someone with the appropriate values and experience, the opportunity to play a pivotal role developing our HR function, & sustaining solid foundations, processes & quality governance across the charity. The role is responsible for administratively supporting the areas of HR, Recruitment & Retention (including Staff Wellbeing). This key role involves supporting the HR Manager to provide a comprehensive human resources service across the organisation. Your main purpose will be to support the HR Manager to meet their strategic objectives by supporting front line staff and service managers to ensure effective human resource practices throughout the organisation to develop skilled, motivated and engaged staff.
Purpose & Responsibilities of Post
- To work closely with the HR Manager to drive quality administrative processes through the core of the organisation, from recruitment to employment and retention
- Work to support the HR function of the organisation, reporting to the HR manager, including preparation of paperwork for new members of staff, online filing of contract paperwork and documents.
- To carry out reference checks and initiate DBS for staff & volunteers and updating Breathe records with signed contracts or updated paperwork.
- To support the HR Manager to coordinate staff wellbeing projects across the charity
- To allocate Ihasco training, to staff or volunteers when required. Other duties as and when requested by HR Manager.
- Organising and carrying out DBS checks for new members of staff and DBS renewals for current staff.
- Supporting the development culture which recruits, retains, rewards and develops the best people in order for the charity to achieve its educational objectives & retain staff
- Support the HR Manager to manage all disciplinary, grievance and capability hearings and appeals processes.
- Support the HR Manager to manage the absence management programme, with the relevant manager to ensure appropriate monitoring of absence, support and return to work interviews are conducted appropriately and to seek support from Occupational Health and or GPs as required.
- Help manage the appraisal process and providing guidance to managers and staff to ensure fair and effective use on Breathe system
- Manage external training system – iHasco
- To undertake all admin duties for HR, including the processing of mail, responding to internal/external e-mails, word processing, entering accurate statistics, diary management and letter writing
- Support the HR Manager to conduct exit interviews and provide aggregated feedback and where appropriate advise on appropriate action.
- Responsibility for a robust Induction process
- Ensure a professional candidate experience for all applicants throughout the recruitment journey.
- Complete job evaluations, salary surveys, as required, and analyse resultant data with recommendations for action.
- Promoting communication with EAP and for permanent staff communication about Westfield private healthcare cover.
- Creating all the necessary documentation for change implementation with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ensure that the HMN HR Information System (Breathe) is up to date and to produce accurate and timely reports that aid decision making within HMN
- Communication with EAP provider, Health Assured.
- Communication with Westfield – monthly update on starters and leavers
- Support the HR Manager to provide a quarterly HR Report to the CEO for Board meetings
You will be line managed by the HR Manager who reports directly to the Head of Resources
- To develop a sound understanding of the work of HMN, our values, services and overarching aims
- To support the administration of all the HR, Recruitment & Retention activities of the organisation keeping our principles at the core of your work
- To demonstrate professionalism across the organisation taking account of the views of
- To deliver on agreed targets
- To work with the Head of Resources & HR Manager to maintain the quality standards system for all groups in line with National Mind Policy and ISO9001
- To promote HMN services, attending campaign and open days as required to raise mental health awareness
- At all times to carry out every aspect of your duties with due regard to HMN policies and procedures including the Equalities statement
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably determined by the CEO or Board of Trustees.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of working in an Admin Team, or HR in the health or social care sector
- Experience of planning, organising and project management in a third sector organisation, with a varied and demanding schedule
- Database experience
- Lived experience of Mental Health
Skills & Abilities
Evidence of the ability to:
- Develop, foster, maintain and utilise a network of relationships for the short and long term
- Create credibility
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Be resilient and generous under pressure
- Plan ahead whilst being able to react swiftly to changing needs and emerging situations
- Take a problem solving not creating approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Capture, collate and digest a large amount of information quickly
- Form part of a positive team culture
- Act as a champion for mental ill health, respecting the sector and recognising the huge impact the third sector makes to wellbeing in Hertfordshire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and databases
A minimum of one years’ experience in an Administrator or HR role
Attitudes & Values
- HMN’s values and way of working
- HMN’s strategic objectives
- Working as part of a transparent team in a non-hierarchical organisation
- A full understanding of EDI and a champion of equality