Human Resources & Recruitment
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a proactive, customer focussed HR Team. You will ensure a quality administration service coordinating a range of activities from recruitment, contractual changes, data processing and retention, responding to employee and manager queries, as well as many other day to day tasks.
What you could be part of…
Our employees are invaluable to us as they are key to delivering high quality services to our many customers. As a HR administrator for the One Team you will be part of a professional and friendly HR team; you will provide support for recruitment and onboarding and respond to a range of employee queries in relation to the employment journey, ensuring compliance to policy and procedure.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Support recruitment campaign; placing advertisements, arranging interviews, completing new starter paperwork and supporting recruiting managers.
- Assist with the on-boarding administration of new starters including pre-employment checks and the issue of contracts and the administration of leavers and contractual changes for all employees.
- Respond to regular correspondence and enquiries from members of the public, employees and suppliers.
- Maintain manual and computerised systems including data inputting, processing documents, keeping records up to date and general office administration for the HR team.
You must have…
- Excellent IT skills and the experience of using the iTrent HR or Oracle system is desirable but not essential
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- A customer focused and can-do approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of a range of computer packages including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to learn quickly, retaining and applying knowledge
- Ability to work effectively as part of a busy team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, showing the ability to prioritse
You will have excellent attention to detail, be at ease working under pressure and enjoy working in a changing environment. This will enable you to support a full generalist service to the Council while ensuring compliance with best practice and legislative requirements.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.