Property & Construction
Are you a qualified PAS 2035 Retrofit Assessor who is looking for a new challenge which will use your skills but at the same time support you to deliver your full potential and enhance your career as a housing retrofit professional?
Maybe you’re currently freelancing and would welcome a position which provides more certainty as well as career development?
Paradigm have set an objective to ensure all its homes achieve a minimum energy efficiency rating of EPC band C by 2030 and deliver homes to net zero carbon emissions by 2050. To achieve the band C objective Paradigm will be undertaking energy efficiency retrofit works to many of its homes over the next 7 years. The type of projects will range from single measures to whole house retrofit.
We have estimated that we have over two and a half thousand homes which are EPC band D or less and we are establishing a team of Retrofit Assessors to undertake retrofit assessments over the next two years. This will enable Paradigm to identify what energy efficiency measures are required to our homes over the next 7 years to achieve our EPC band C by the 2030.
You will work closely with retrofit advisors (Customer Liaison Officers), Project Surveyors, Retrofit Coordinators and Designers to ensure we have sufficient information to determine appropriate options and designs for the retrofit of our homes.
Delivering over two and a half thousand retrofits is a challenge and once assessments have been completed the aim is that this post will change to a retrofit project delivery role. Depending on your experience you will undertake a variety of duties to support the successful delivery of projects, this will include supporting the Housing Retrofit Project Manager and Surveyors with client representative, contract administration, quality control and project management duties, such as budget management. You will be part of a team working closely with specialist consultants and contractors to ensure projects are delivered to PAS 2035.
For the right candidate we will support and fund* the study to become a Retrofit Coordinator, upon completion of which you will be able to undertake and certify domestic energy efficiency works to national standards (PAS 2035). This is so much more than a job, we are offering a genuinely worthwhile career in a very important developing area. (*subject to conditions)
Our Team: The Decarbonisation Team sits within our Asset Management Strategy team who are expert and committed property management specialists. We specialise in reviewing and delivering Paradigm’s asset management strategies. One of the key priorities is improving the energy efficiency of our housing stock and ensuring we set in place plans for the delivery of net zero carbon by 2050 in line with the Government’s national strategy to address the climate change emergency.
- You will be a registered Retrofit Assessor to PAS 2035. Ideally you will have experience of working in social housing properties.
- You will be ambitious with a desire to develop your career.
- With excellent communication skills, self-motivated and extremely organised you will be working independently to manage your own workload.
- You will enjoy working collaboratively to achieve outcomes within programme timeframes, to the high standards expected and within budget.
- A full driving licence and own transport (business mileage will be refunded at prevailing rate, currently 0.45p per mile subject to our expense rules)
About us: We are Paradigm Housing Group. We employ over 580 people, an annual turnover of over £120 million and manage more than 16,000 homes across the South-East. We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent and we want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford.
We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We’re Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies including generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes dental, optical, prescriptions and flu jabs, physiotherapy, chiropractic therapy, reflexology, sports massage and more.
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (volunteer) days a year
- Modern collaborative offices, with free parking and free electric vehicle charging points
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.