Property & Construction
Full and part-time, permanent, and fixed term contracts to 31 March 2025, roles are available
No day the same, making positive change
Do you like working directly with people and being part of busy team? Do you like dealing with interesting situations and coming up with fulfilling outcomes which have a truly positive impact on people lives?...Then read on...
What you could be part of…
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of our excellent Housing and Benefits service who, working within the Help Hub team, have a great track record of helping customers and partners to prevent homelessness.
Working here would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focused services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working with the Housing and Benefits Team to ensure that it makes best use of its accommodation
- Signing up customers for new tenancies in temporary accommodation
- Providing 1 to 1 advice, guidance and person-centred support, to allow customers to navigate the housing and benefits system
- Assessing customers, identifying support, training and health needs and agreeing goals with customers with the aim to move on to suitable housing
- Supporting customers on a range of issues, such as debt advice, budgeting and managing their tenancy
- Working alongside customers to ensure that tenancies are conducted appropriately in temporary accommodation
- Completing housing management tasks to ensure that accommodation offered is suitable for customer needs.
You must have…
- 5 GCSEs A-C grade or equivalent, or able to demonstrate ability at this level
- A full driving licence and available vehicle
- You must also be a highly organised and resourceful individual, with experience of working in the housing, or support sector or other customer outcome focused environment
- You should also have experience of the benefits system and be skilled in partnership working.
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Please note we will not accept any DBS checks from a previous employer.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: 28 May 2023 at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Interview date: 7 June 2023