Property & Construction
It’s exciting times at Paradigm Housing Group as we create a business focused health and safety team who will deliver pragmatic advice to operational teams. This H&S Business Partner – CDM role will work with our other H&S Business Partner – Generalist/Corporate to support all teams across the Group but with a particular focus on our Housing Development team and their construction activity.
About the role
This is a brand new role which comes with the exciting opportunity to grow and shape it as you wish in line with the business partnering approach we are looking to adopt. This means building great relationships to become a source of trusted advice. You will manage your diary to get plenty of time on site and with the operational teams so you are at the heart of what is going on.
We’ve got ambitious building plans over the next few years and you’ll be supporting the Development directorate so that these are delivered safely and avoiding adverse impacts on health.
While CDM is the specialism of this role, you’ll be involved broadly across the business and will provide H&S advice on all manner of things to our customer facing and corporate teams.
Communication skills are key. With your top notch written and verbal abilities, you’ll be influencing and negotiating your way to create a great H&S culture at Paradigm which reflects our number 1 value - #SaferTogether.
A self-starter, you’ll be excited about a busy and varied role where no two days are the same and the opportunity to provide a fresh approach to H&S. As well as supporting our operational teams, you’ll be working with other services like Fleet Management which comes under our umbrella to ensure we keeping H&S at the heart of everything we do.
You’ll be used to managing multiple stakeholders both internal and external and enjoy engaging with our technicians and managers as well as the project managers in the Development team.
You may be working at a lower level currently, perhaps as a H&S Advisor and consider yourself ready for the next step-up the H&S career ladder. You’ll definitely have practical CDM experience and might even have worked in the housing sector before. Alternatively you may have worked at a more senior level and want to use your valuable knowledge and experience in a role that has no direct management responsibilities. We are interested in the you and what you can bring to this role, so no matter your background, if you think you meet our brief, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
So not only is this a great opportunity to join a high performing and specialist team at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the future success of our business, you can continue to grow and develop yourself, building an exciting/interesting/rewarding career with a growing business.
We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We’re Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Remote / hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Giving Back (volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Employee rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it and fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
As part of our application process, we ask for a covering statement and CV so we can assess your application against our essential and desired criteria as set out in the job description and person specification. Please include in your covering statement how you meet the criteria so we can see how well you match our requirements and give your application the consideration it deserves.
Thank you for your interest in Paradigm Housing Group thus far.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.
We are Paradigm Housing Group.
We manage more than 15,000 homes across the South East.
We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent. We want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford.
As a charity, the money we make goes into building new homes and providing an excellent service for residents.