IT & Communication Technology
We are looking for someone who can lead, inspire, and excite; someone who understands the importance of customer experience design; someone who is excited by what technology can do to transform businesses; someone who can research, think, design and evaluate exceptional ecommerce solutions that make a real difference for our clients.
Does that sound like you? If so, come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our Head of UX and CX Design.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK, to one of the leading certified Magento (Adobe) Enterprise Partners with an international reputation.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, whilst also being personally involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
We are looking for someone who will help lead and execute our user and customer experience design approach. This is a critical role within the agency to deliver our clients’ ecommerce strategies and support their online growth. Our commitment to our clients doesn’t end with launching an ecommerce website, our responsibility is to ensure continued growth and success through the continuous improvement, analysis and advice to support our clients' entire ecommerce estate.
The successful candidate will be experienced and ambitious with a genuine and avid interest in digital products, ecommerce, design, data and trends; a highly effective designer and communicator who can bring ideas, effect change, and who wants to make a difference.
The role will involve being responsible for the full user experience design process; understand, research, sketch, design, implement and evaluate. Ultimately, making our clients’ websites and products more user-friendly and intuitive to improve conversion and retain customers, understanding that small changes can have big impacts.
Good customer experience design is always part of the product development process so you will play a vital role leading the design as part of the planning, development and delivery teams. UX is one of the defining factors that underpins the success of ecommerce websites, it is therefore at the very heart of what we do and plays a crucial role for all our projects.
Role and Responsibilities :
- Define our digital experience strategy, design, product development and website user experience collaborating with PM’s solution specialists, designers, CRO teams, QA’s and developers
- Workshop facilitation, user journey mapping, researching, designing, storytelling / presentations and user testing etc.
- Research, analysing data and information to understand and challenging client briefs
- Working in collaboration across project managers, UX, UI and technologists delivering client centric creative digital projects and services.
- Demonstrate creative flair as well as strategic thinking
- Working closely with the client to understand their brief and develop the appropriate digital strategy and execute across ecommerce products and websites
- Designing and implementing a mix of quantitative and qualitative research into target audiences
- Strategy development: distilling insight into opportunities and actionable roadmaps
- Product Management, development and business analysis: defining and prioritising features and user stories but this is a strategic role not working in a software team
- Designing and running optimisation programmes (CRO)
- Working with creative and UI designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product
- Understanding of user psychology and behavioural economics
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes and specifications
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems
- Keep abreast of best practice industry trends and emergent technologies and behaviours.
- Be our thought leader and spokesperson for Customer Experience Design
- Experienced in working in a digital agency environment or fast-paced ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Solutions orientated, focusing on delivering customer benefit
- Problem solver - analytical, logical and creative in equal measure
- Flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
- Reliable team player who promotes collaboration
- Keen interest in digital technology and ecommerce and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
- Has a diplomatic approach to all situations
- An excellent communicator with strong team management skills. Distils complex ideas into concise written and verbal descriptions
- Positive and calm under pressure
- Can quickly separate the important tasks from the trivial with ability to identify the most useful next steps
- Excels under pressure and can take on multiple challenges simultaneously
- Highly adept within at least one mainstream project management methodology applicable to software development
- Website development experience incorporating knowledge of usability best practices
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Salesforce, Hybris, Shopify Plus
- Experience as an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems.
- A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business, and it’s this that sets us apart. If you want to be part of a company that embodies technical excellence and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
We never wanted to be just another digital agency. Instead of following best practice, we wanted to shape it. We were the first to release Apple Pay for the web on the Magento platform, and we have revolutionised Magento’s content management capability with our BlueFootCMS software which was acquired by Magento to become PageBuilder. As ecommerce partners we are trusted by clients such as PayPal, Braintree, Krispy Kreme, Tommee Tippee, Folio Society, and Madison Cycles.
It has always been important to us that our people find meaning in their work and truly enjoy what they do. And so everyone can achieve their ambitions and excel, we have placed a great emphasis on enabling bold, innovative thinking while nurturing a supportive culture of collaboration and accountability. Our drive and curiosity for innovation in an inclusive environment is at the heart of why we are inspired at work, and has enabled us to push the boundaries to create great change for our clients.What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible work