IT & Communication Technology
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our Head of Support Operations.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence, is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Gold Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart.
We pride ourselves on client partnerships, supporting brands over the long term with ambitious development, product and innovation roadmaps. We don’t do fast turnover, pile ‘em high, design-theme-build gigs. We like to be accountable for what we’ve created and everyone at GENE thinks like an owner.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, whilst also being personally involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
We are looking for someone who will help define and execute our approach to supporting our clients, who can keep their team excited, engaged, motivated, and challenged, and consult, support, and deliver our clients’ ecommerce day-to-day needs so they can drive their online growth with confidence.
Helping to support and deliver large-scale, international, ecommerce projects, you will be someone who can lead, inspire, and understand what it takes to provide exceptional client service; someone who can look after our client’s day-to-day operational and support needs, ensuring and safeguarding exceptional ecommerce performance, monitoring and optimisation.
This is a newly created role which is responsible for the Support & Guarantee side of our Ecommerce operations team. Working with the Head of Engineering to run the Ecommerce Operations team, you will be reporting into the CTO and taking accountability for the smooth running of our enter Ecommerce technical footprint.
The successful candidate will already be an experienced and ambitious support lead or head; someone who is technically proficient in web technologies; someone organised and a highly effective communicator; someone who can bring ideas, effect change, and who wants to make a difference. Crucially, you’ll be someone who can work out priorities when seemingly everything is a priority.
You will be comfortable managing, maintaining, reporting on, and reinventing the support desk and monitoring operations day to day. You’ll also be commercially savvy and happy discussing and negotiating SLAs and commercial agreements with new and existing clients. In addition to managing our support clients day to day, you’ll also be accountable for looking after a growing team of Support Analysts.
If you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct the work of the application and technical support team by reviewing customer issues on a regular basis to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality are delivered exceeding SLAs
- Manage our 24/7 incident support desk team
- Develop and execute the support operations strategy including processes and future technical and application support offerings (e.g. how do we deliver Out of Hours support)
- Negotiate Support Contracts and SLAs and take accountability for support budgets and P&L
- Activate and manage strategic partner relationships in order to best enhance our ability to support our clients (e.g. Payment Providers, Integrations, Adobe/Magento)
- Facilitate and help resolution of issues as needed. Help to prioritise issues and provide an interface to various teams including Product Management, QA, and Development to reduce the turnaround time for resolving client issues
- Provide guidance and training on the application and technical environment
- Manage critical and highly sensitive issues to resolution
- Own the monitoring and uptime of all client websites
- Take responsibility for monitoring and scheduling upgrades and security patches for platforms with the Engineering and Delivery teams
- Proactively manage and communicate with clients to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Stay current with products, initiatives and trends in the ecommerce industry to support our client services initiatives
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain an ongoing understanding of features and functionality and translate the information into documentation and best practices for supporting software applications
- Contribute to the on-going enhancement of the customer knowledge base through planning and assigning the development of timely and relevant knowledge articles related to software use and best practices
- Oversee our Trading Support and Training services for clients
- Analyse workload and recommend improvements such a automation techniques
- Proactive communication with customers to evaluate overall satisfaction and identify upcoming needs, including implementing and following-up from NPS and customer surveys
- Manage, mentor, and coach new and existing team members including conducting regular performance reviews and professional development
- Interact with all levels of leadership within a customer portfolio ranging from analysts to C-Suite executives
- Drive team performance to achieve key performance metrics related to productivity and satisfaction.
- Experienced in working in a digital agency environment or fast-paced ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Solutions orientated, focusing on delivering customer benefit
- Problem solver – analytical, logical and creative in equal measure
- Flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
- Reliable team player who promotes collaboration
- Keen interest in digital technology and ecommerce and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
- Has a diplomatic approach to all situations
- An excellent communicator with strong team management skills. Distils complex ideas into concise written and verbal descriptions
- Positive and calm under pressure
- Can quickly separate the important tasks from the trivial with ability to identify the most useful next steps
- Excels under pressure and can take on multiple challenges simultaneously
- Highly adept within at least one mainstream project management methodology applicable to software development
- Website development experience incorporating knowledge of usability best practices
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Salesforce, Hybris, Shopify Plus
What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, Bristol and Liverpool should you wish to use them
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition, and want to work with GENE, send us an email to tell us all about you and why you’d be right for the role, along with your CV and any links to work examples and case stu