Do you have passion and drive for improving services for a Values led business that has a strong social purpose to help people find a home?
It’s an exciting time to join Paradigm, as we embark on the biggest digital transformation programme in our history to future-proof the organisation, enhance customer satisfaction and take us from good to great.
As the wider Paradigm business goes through a period of transformation this role will be central to the coordination of sourcing and contract management while reporting against key central projects and initiatives.
About the role
Reporting to the Assistant Financial Director - Operations you will be responsible for managing procurement processes and supporting the wider procurement team in delivering strategy, as well as taking ownership of various activities, including tendering and managing framework agreements, liaising with stakeholders to understand requirements and manage expectations and needs in line with procurement objectives. You will have extensive commercial management experience ideally in the public sector.
The ideal candidate will be experienced procurement leader who can drive best practice across the procurement team of 5 highly effective members as well as wider business functions. You will be an experienced business partner both internally and externally, managing supplier relationships and supplier performance and addressing under performance swiftly. We are looking for an individual who seeks continual improvement, will deliver value for money and real savings whilst undertaking robust commercial and risk management.
The position will act as Paradigm’s expert on all procurement related matters; best practice, legal and regulatory, ensuring compliance with the UK Public Contract Regulations 2015, and beyond.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in creating and delivering procurement strategy
- Knowledge and experience of managing procurement projects, ideally within the public sector / OJEU
- CIPS qualified/desire to study CIPS
- Strong experience in working with JCT and NEC contracts
- Experienced in performance monitoring and reporting on policy, project or SLA requirements
- Maintain and further develop customer and supplier relationships under best practice model
- Experience of pre and post commercial administration of contracts and managing supplier performance
- Knowledge and practical experience of Public Contracts Regulations
- Excellent ability to negotiate and deliver favourable terms for the business
- Good IT knowledge of current category platforms as well as MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Support ongoing commercial and risk management
- Support business as usual activities of team
We are looking for someone with great entrepreneurial skills and a passion for excellent service who has strong experience in procurement to join and lead the team. Working via a mixture of office, remote and homeworking, you will be heading up the procurement team. With this in mind, experience/knowledge of procurement within a Housing environment is desirable.
Our ideal candidate has experience of working in procurement to a senior level, backed by professional qualifications or extensive commercial experience in the housing sector.
While we are looking for someone with procurement within the housing sector, we do have a comprehensive personal and professional development suite available to all of our employees. So not only is this a great opportunity to join a high performing and specialist team at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the future success of our business, you can continue to grow and develop yourself, building an exciting/interesting/rewarding career with a growing business.
We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We’re proud to offer great benefits and have a committed approach to employee wellbeing. We offer an attractive range of benefits such as Health Cash Plan, Bonus potential, a competitive Pension and 25-30 days holiday (dependent on role) on starting in addition to 3 days closure at Christmas, up to 3 paid Volunteer days p/a, free parking at our modern office with newly created collaborative workspaces.
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and pension options
- 25 days holidays p/a to start, plus 3 days during office closure at Xmas / New year plus 8 bank holidays, with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days p/a (subject to conditions)
- Remote / hybrid working, modern offices and free parking on site
- Bonus potential
- An excellent Health Cash Plan (worth more than £1,800 p/a covering areas such dental, optical, physio, reflexology & more)
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Opportunity to work for a leading housing association with fantastic exposure opportunities
- Have an impact socially through your work
- Lead and develop category plan
- Opportunity to run end to end exciting procurement projects
As part of our application process, we ask for a covering statement and CV so we can assess your application against our essential and desired criteria as set out in the job description and person specification. Please include in your covering statement how you meet the criteria so we can see how well you match our requirements and give your application the consideration it deserves.
Thank you for your interest in Paradigm Housing Group thus far.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published date should a suitable candidate be identified.
We are Paradigm Housing Group.
We manage more than 15,000 homes across the South East.
We know that house prices in the areas where we work are high, both to buy and rent. We want to help more people have a safe and sustainable home that they can afford.
As a charity, the money we make goes into building new homes and providing an excellent service for residents.