IT & Communication Technology
We are looking for someone who can lead, inspire, and understand what it takes to provide exceptional client service; someone who can look after our client’s day-to-day operational and support needs ensuring and safeguarding exceptional ecommerce performance, monitoring and optimisation.
This newly formed role is to lead our critical ecommerce operations management service. Our commitment to our clients doesn’t end with launching an ecommerce website, our responsibility is to ensure continued growth and success through the monitoring, analysing, performance and support of our clients' entire ecommerce estate.
Our clients partner with us because they need a specialist ecommerce agency that can out-think and out-manoeuvre their competitors. An agency that can offer credible hands-on-consultancy backed up with the technical and creative expertise to get things done. They trust us to take a proactive leadership role in managing their online commerce, whilst also being personally involved in the decisions that shape the success of their business.
We are looking for someone who will help define and execute our approach, keep their team excited, engaged, motivated, and challenged, and consult, support, and deliver our clients’ ecommerce day-to-day needs to support their online growth. Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK as our Head of Ecommerce Operations.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and ambitious support lead; someone who is technically proficient in web technologies; someone organised and a highly effective communicator; someone who can bring ideas, effect change, and who wants to make a difference.Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct the work of the application and technical support team by reviewing customer issues on a regular basis to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality are delivered exceeding SLAs
- Manage our 24/7 incident support desk team
- Develop and execute the ecommerce operations strategy including processes and future technical and application support offerings
- Facilitate and help resolution of issues as needed. Help to prioritise issues and provide an interface to various teams including Product Management, QA, and Development to reduce the turnaround time for resolving client issues
- Provide guidance and training on the application and technical environment
- Manage critical and highly sensitive issues to resolution
- Own the monitoring, uptime and log analysis of all client websites
- Take responsibility for owning upgrades and security patches for platforms
- Proactively manage and communicate with clients to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Stay current with products, initiatives and trends in the ecommerce industry to support our client services initiatives
- Collaborate with other teams to maintain an ongoing understanding of features and functionality and translate the information into best practices for software optimisation
- Contribute to the on-going enhancement of the customer knowledge base through planning and assigning the development of timely and relevant knowledge articles related to software use and best practices
- Oversee our Trading Support and Training services for clients
- Analyse workload and recommend improvements such a automation techniques
- Proactive communication with customers to evaluate overall satisfaction and identify upcoming needs, including follow-up from NPS and customer surveys
- Manage, mentor, and coach new and existing team members including conducting regular performance reviews and professional development
- Interact with all levels of leadership within a customer portfolio ranging from analysts to C-Suite executives
- Drive team performance to achieve key performance metrics related to productivity and satisfaction.
- Experienced in working in a digital agency environment or fast-paced ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Solutions orientated, focusing on delivering customer benefit
- Problem solver - analytical, logical and creative in equal measure
- Flexible, helpful, resourceful, yet always delivery focused
- Reliable team player who promotes collaboration
- Keen interest in digital technology and ecommerce and how it can be utilised to solve complex problems
- Has a diplomatic approach to all situations
- An excellent communicator with strong team management skills. Distils complex ideas into concise written and verbal descriptions
- Positive and calm under pressure
- Can quickly separate the important tasks from the trivial with ability to identify the most useful next steps
- Excels under pressure and can take on multiple challenges simultaneously
- Highly adept within at least one mainstream project management methodology applicable to software development
- Website development experience incorporating knowledge of usability best practices
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms such as Magento, Salesforce, Hybris, Shopify Plus
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK, to one of the leading certified Magento (Adobe) Enterprise Partners with an international reputation.
Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business, and it’s this that sets us apart. If you want to be part of a company that embodies technical excellence and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
We never wanted to be just another digital agency. Instead of following best practice, we wanted to shape it. We were the first to release Apple Pay for the web on the Magento platform, and we have revolutionised Magento’s content management capability with our BlueFootCMS software which was acquired by Magento to become PageBuilder. As ecommerce partners we are trusted by clients such as PayPal, Braintree, Krispy Kreme, Tommee Tippee, Folio Society, and Madison Cycles.
It has always been important to us that our people find meaning in their work and truly enjoy what they do. And so everyone can achieve their ambitions and excel, we have placed a great emphasis on enabling bold, innovative thinking while nurturing a supportive culture of collaboration and accountability. Our drive and curiosity for innovation in an inclusive environment is at the heart of why we are inspired at work, and has enabled us to push the boundaries to create great change for our clients.What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, London & Liverpool
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition and want to work with GENE send us your CV and show us what you can do!