Property & Construction
Are you experienced in successful implementation of organisational change management? Do you have previous experience of leading a portfolio and programme management service and managing a company-wide improvement portfolio? Have you led an organisation through change whilst strategically supporting stakeholders and providing excellent business partnering to the business?
If so, here at Paradigm we are looking for a Head of Business Transformation to support and enable us to achieve our business objectives.
Paradigm is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage over 15,000 homes across 34 different local authorities.
This is an exciting time to be joining us here at Paradigm Housing Group. With a turnover of £115m and a substantial development and sales programme, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
We have a clear and ambitious view of where we are as an organisation and where we need to get to; providing more homes for people who need them by running an efficient and successful business.
Your Head of Business Transformation Role:
The Head of Business Transformation leads the Business Transformation team in providing a high level of support and challenge to leaders and managers across Paradigm on all elements of Business Transformation. Responsibilities will include:
- To take overall accountability for leading and managing a proactive and expert Business Transformation function that delivers the improvement portfolio (and related benefits realisation), supporting the Executive Team in the delivery of Paradigm’s Corporate Plan and strategic ambitions.
- Continue the development of the Business Transformation function such that it is recognised as a strategic and trusted partner to the business.
- To own Paradigm’s portfolio, programme and project management methodology and ensure this is instilled throughout the portfolio, including setting up and managing the governance structures and leading, guiding and coaching the implementation and consistent adoption of the methodology throughout Paradigm.
- To support the CIO in strategic execution of the Business Transformation function and collaborate with Heads of Service to develop and implement key programmes and projects as determined by the portfolio.
- As a member of the Leadership Network, contribute to Paradigm’s vision, strategies and plans, ensuring that all parts of Paradigm work constructively to achieve its objectives
- Lead and manage the Business Transformation team, including recruitment, target setting, development and performance monitoring, and ensure this team is fully engaged and act as ambassadors to the organisation
- Deliver the agreed improvement portfolio and constituent programmes and projects, and drive towards the realisation of the benefits agreed in the relevant business cases
- Ensure there is an integrated and scalable portfolio, programme and project methodology and that this is agreed and rolled out to all team members and stakeholders
- Ensure that links, dependencies and conflicts across the portfolio, programmes and projects are understood and communicated, and any associated risks mitigated, or opportunities seized
- Maintain a portfolio-level resource plan, and engage and agree with stakeholders across the business to agree how this resource plan is delivered
- Ensure governance and delegations are clearly understood, documented and adhered to across the portfolio
- Provide an effective Business Transformation service, covering business analysis, process mapping, business process re-engineering, programme and project management
- Build collaborative relationships with leaders and managers and provide a consistent and high quality business partnering service to represent all services delivered by the Business Transformation and IT Directorate, focusing on process, data, systems and stakeholders
- Provide a Programme Management Office service, acting as a central resource for the portfolio, programmes and projects
Our Ideal Head of Business Transformation:
In addition to fulfilling the role in a way that reflects our values, the attitudes and behaviours we expect from all staff and corporate objectives, this role requires the following:
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Qualification to degree/professional level in appropriate subject or equivalent coupled with appropriate relevant experience
- Managing Successful Programmes
- Management of Portfolios
- Membership of relevant professional body
Experience & Skills
- Previous experience of leading a portfolio and programme management service and managing a company-wide improvement portfolio
- Experience of successful implementation of organisational change management
- Demonstrable experience of working with a range of senior stakeholders as well as specialist professionals as a highly credible Business Partner
- Experience in financial, contract and risk management
- Experience in managing third party suppliers through a robust contract management and performance process
- Experience in housing and property management
- Strong leadership and management skills including people, performance and budget management
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills, with ability for form powerful relationships across the breadth and depth of the organisation
- Ability to explain complex requirements and concepts to non-subject matter experts
- Excellent preparation & presentation skills for internal and external audiences
- Strong knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling portfolios and programmes
- Excellent organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work calmly and confidently under pressure
- Strong business case development and benefits realisation skills
- Gravitas to operate at Board, Executive and Leadership levels
?Your Package and Benefits:
At Paradigm, we work hard and strive for excellence. In return for your continued commitment, we offer the following range of benefits:
- Market Leading Salary circa £73k
- Salary supplement £4,936
- 30 days’ holiday as well as an additional 3 days’ closure at Christmas
- Bonus potential
- Health Cash Plan
- Competitive pension options
- Fantastic working environment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
We welcome applications from all sections of the communities that we work in.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification
To be considered as our next Head of Business Transformation and not to miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click Apply Now to complete our online application and register your interest. We look forward to meeting you.