Executive & Senior Mgt
At BIRD, we care deeply about offering a warm and welcoming environment for all. We recognise talent and every day we try to inspire our team to reach out and connect with their local communities, and to hopefully make good friends and make a difference in someone else’s day.
The BIRD culture celebrates the wonderful combinations of food, drink, warmth and welcome, all delivered by our passionate and enthusiastic team - which we’d love you to be a part of.
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for an experienced, dynamic, and all-round superstar Head Chef to join our brand new opening in Portsmouth.
The ideal candidate will help minimise operating costs, boost our employee retention, and deliver a positive dining experience for our guests.
You’ll have a minimum of two year’s Head Chef/Kitchen Manager experience in fast paced casual dining and are looking to. You must be passionate about food, drink and creating a great customer experience, every time. You’ll have a good knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety and be able to motivate and lead a team, bringing lots of creative ideas to the table.
What We’re After
- Proven head chef experience in fresh food environments
- Leadership skills is number one priority
- Ability to deliver consistently on the created spec
- GP and stock management using computer system
- Rota writing
- Reliability.....we want someone to stick around at least 2 years
- Leading and developing teams in a high energy, pacey work environment
- Delivering high standards and enjoy rolling up your sleeves
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to drive sales and profit
- Enjoys the everyday challenges that running a busy restaurant brings and solving problems as they arise
- A supportive and pro-active leader of your team
- Placing orders in a timely manner, manage stock and GP results
- Be a role model to your team and ensure company standards are met & kept by everyone
- Select, guide, and develop your team to success
- Lead by example with the customer experience being a top priority for you
- Deliver perfect products to your customers, day in, day out
And in Return
- Management bonus and team Incentives
- Lots of progression opportunities (we are growing fast!)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A pension (for when you finally leave us)
- Oh, and free meals at work
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£32,000.00 per year