Looking for a change in career?
Want to develop your skills in the timber industry?
Do you want to work for a forward thinking Company?
Then I may have the perfect role for you.
SCA Wood UK’s Melton site is going through an exciting change. The aim is to increase the level of available production hours to support SCA’s customer expectations. SCA are moving to a permanent days (6am-6pm) or nights (6pm-6am) working 4 on and 4 off shift pattern, which is due to start from 1st January 2021. As a result of this change, SCA are increasing their workforce to support the creation of an extra team with the production and warehouse facility.
Therefore, we are looking for several General Operatives across both permanent days and permanent nights working pattern.
Your next challenge
Supporting the state of art production facility, with a production capability of 100,000m3 which serves the UK’s building material market with high quality machined softwood and associated products.
As a General Operative you will be expected to:
· Operating automatic material handling equipment to supply and repack timber on a high speed line
· Unwrapping of bulk pack timber and checking for basic quality
· Completing all relevant paperwork associated with production orders
· Keeping good clear written records of product details
· Maintaining general cleanliness of the factory environment at all times
· If FLT trained, carry out duties as designated by your Line Manager on a fork lift truck.
Above all, we are seeking workers who are willing to work hard and want to progress within the business. Being in this environment will mean you need to use your initiative and resolve problems as they arise. We require a person that understands health and safety is a priority to themselves and their colleagues.
There are several roles available that could either be on the permanent days and nights working pattern, when applying please advise what shift pattern would be most suitable in your covering letter.
What ‘wood’ you be like
• Highly motivated essential
• Willingness and enthusiasm in all aspects of the job role essential
• Exposure to a production facility desirable
• Timber knowledge is desirable
• Counterbalance license advantageous
• Exposure to high volumes and high speed machinery desirable
• Safety conscious
What we can offer you?
SCA Wood UK prides itself on our values of Respect, Responsibility and Excellence.
Not only will we provide you with a work environment which is fun, fast paced and nice to work in. Your starting rate will be £8.94. We offer a generous shift allowance as well as pension contributions (up to 10%), 24 days holiday (inc bank holiday's), bonus potential, life assurance x 4 and exclusive access to a discount and cashback portal giving you the opportunity to save money from hundreds of retailers and services throughout the UK