Job Title – General Manager
Salary – £40,000 - £50,000
Position – Full time /Part time
The Mansion at Coldeast
The Mansion at Coldeast offers over 25,000 square feet of Victorian splendour situated within 9 acres of landscaped grounds and woodland, The venue is perfectly located between Fareham and Southampton, just minutes from junction 9 of the M27 (Whiteley). We have 30 large hotel suites that are equally suited to leisure or business travellers and we enjoy ample free on-site parking.
Food & Beverage
We offer a range of truly unique, customer focussed food and beverage options be that serving breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, afternoon tea, Sunday roasts or private dining in elegant surroundings in our Montefiore Suite or one of our 6 contemporary outdoor pods. We have a 65+ cover restaurant within the historic building itself, over 100 outdoor dining covers, 6 unique garden dining pods, an outdoor cabin bar, a comfortable guest lounge and a premium cocktail bar.
We are actively growing this sector of the business and are able to provide exceptional surroundings and service for weddings, wakes, bridal & baby showers, bar mitzvahs, private parties and corporate events. Our Victorian Orangery has its own dedicated bar and has already hosted some exceptional events. The venue catering is serviced by 2 professional kitchens.
Why Work For Us?
The Mansion is a unique venue, independently owned, thriving but also growing and evolving daily. The owners recognise that it is the people that work in hospitality that make or break a business. Many of our key staff started the journey with us and have grown in terms of personal development, taking on greater responsibility and building further on individual career progression. Like any hospitality venue, we face our challenges but in overcoming these, we grow stronger and the customer experience gets better. We believe the career opportunities at The Mansion offer the potential to work within a friendly yet dynamic team with fair remuneration and a true opportunity to grow personally.
About the Opportunity
The Mansion is seeking an Experienced General Manager, to join our stunning recently opened hotel situated near Southampton.
We serve modern, fresh quality food and premium beverages in our 25,000 sqft Victorian Mansion set in 9 acres of grounds. The newly refurbished venue comprises; 30 hotel suites, a 65+ cover restaurant with 100+ additional outdoor covers, 6 unique garden dining pods, an outdoor Cabin bar, a cosy guest lounge and a premium cocktail bar plus a recently opened events space in our Victorian Orangery with its own dedicated bar. The venue catering is serviced by 2 professional kitchens and we are enjoying a rapidly growing presence in the local events marketplace.
Becketts is an established, award-winning restaurant brand dedicated to providing a memorable customer focussed hospitality experience. Our aim is to create a happy and exciting work environment where staff feel appreciated, show respect for each other and as a team strive for the furtherment of the business whilst personally gaining invaluable industry knowledge and experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business by exercising demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of hotel management, food and beverage, events and sales & revenue management.
Job Role and responsibilities
- Working with your department heads to establish goals and objectives that coordinate with the business expectations.
- Provide the vision, leadership and strategy to inspire your 70+ team to deliver exceptional service and a memorable experience.
- Implement high quality of service and strong brand standards through regular ongoing training and quality leadership.
- Be instrumental in driving changes and improvements in performance and implementing strategies in line with business objectives.
- Maintain operational controls, budgeting, payroll and forecasting.
- Able to build efficient rotas that ensure service standards are maintained without allowing surplus staffing that would overburden the payroll.
- Provide constant leadership, counselling, advice and feedback to the team.
- Take an active role in staff recruitment, development and retention.
- Maintain stock management ensuring controls are in place and utilised to accurately order, process, track, count and analyse stock movements ensuring availability of product, minimising wastage and delivering profit to budget.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and licensing laws, and ensuring that the necessary security is in place
About the Ideal Candidate
- Has at least 5 years’ experience in an operation within a similar sized operation.
- Experienced hotelier
- Extensive food and beverage management experience.
- Experience in managing budgets
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced, fluid and unpredictable environment and can work in an organised and efficient manner regardless of the pressures involved.
- Is experienced and proficient with all industry associated IT, POS and other software programmes.
- Pro-active at problem-solving, with the ability to manage staff ratios and deliver consistent standards.
- Continually drive forward improvements in products and services.
- Experience in managing and growing an events business such as weddings and corporate events.
Package and benefits
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking