We are seeking a passionate Restaurant General Manager to lead the team at our brand new opening in Portsmouth. Living our values every day ensuring all metrics of a successful business are delivered through exceptional standards and team leadership.
BIRD is London’s original fried chicken & waffles joint, founded in Shoreditch in 2014. With rave reviews for our knock-out house recipes, BIRD have perfected the art of frying and offer some of London’s favourite fried chicken, wings & burgers.
To be successful in this role, you will have already gained restaurant experience, looking to join a growing company with great career opportunities.
You will help minimize operating costs, boost our employee retention and deliver a positive dining experience for our guests.
- Full P&L accountability
- Team welfare
- Brand Compliance to Specs and Recipes
- Placing food and beverage orders with our suppliers; overseeing onsite deliveries
- Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
- Prepare shift schedules
- Process payroll for all restaurant staff
- Ensure that all administration is managed and completed promptly and that it is also compliant with legislation, company processes, procedures and standards.
- Lead, manage and coach the team giving them regular feedback on their performance for them to deliver on their goals, company business plan and grow.
- Proactively support team with career development and progression so that an active succession plan is in place.
- Ensure underperformance is managed and all issues are addressed.
- Keep detailed records of daily, weekly and monthly costs and revenues
- Arrange for new employees’ proper onboarding (scheduling training and ordering uniforms)
- Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
- Gather guests’ feedback and recommend improvements
What we’re after:
- Work experience as a Restaurant Manager or similar role in the hospitality industry (2 years minimum)
- Do you love leading and developing teams in a high energy, pacey work environment?
- Do you deliver high standards and enjoy rolling up your sleeves?
- Do you have business acumen and proven ability to drive sales and profit?
- Do you like taking the challenges of every day as it comes and solving problems?
- Do you have a supportive and pro-active approach to your team?
What you’ll get:
- Management Bonus – every quarter!
- Lots of progression opportunities (we are growing fast!)
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A pension (for when you finally leave us)
- Oh, and free meals at work
Want to progress? – We have loads of opportunities
If this sounds like you, please send an email with covering letter and CV attached.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £32,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Quarterly bonus
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- First-Line Managers: 1 year (preferred)