Property & Construction
At Watford Community Housing, we provide vital services that help people to live better lives. We’re looking for someone to join our in-house repairs team and to help lead them in delivering a high-quality repairs and maintenance service for our residents.
What’s the role?
As part of our Operations team, you will use your management skills to help us deliver high-quality housing services.
The right candidate will need to have the ability to manage and motivate a team. You will take a strategic approach to a fast-paced service and take personal responsibility for delivering for our customers.
You’ll work effectively and proactively with colleagues to enhance the service, alongside the other Gateway Repairs Team leaders
In this role you will need to:
- ensure a high standard of customer service.
- continuously seek to improve and innovate.
- take personal responsibility for a team of repairs operatives.
What are we looking for?
You will be customer-focused, with the ability to interact empathetically with a wide variety of people. You’ll have an excellent grasp of repairs service and an understanding of how to manage a team of operatives. You will have a background in repairs, and knowledge of the housing or construction sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the trade workforce
- Experience managing and developing staff
- You will need to hold a UK driving licence with access to a suitable vehicle, with insurance cover for business use.
- You will need to maintain a satisfactory basic-level DBS check.
- Construction-related qualification or experience in one or more building trades
- Knowledge of the housing sector
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office – including Excel
What can we offer you?
We know that people are our most valuable assets. We offer a range of benefits including 28 days’ annual leave, an employer pension contribution of up to 11%, development opportunities and access to a comprehensive employee rewards scheme.
How to apply
If this sounds like your next role, click ‘apply now’, tell us why you've got what it takes and send us a copy of your current CV.
(Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response).
We are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire. We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities, because we know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives.
We own and manage more than 6,800 homes and associated assets in South-West Hertfordshire. Our business is evolving rapidly as we find new ways to deliver great homes, improved services and much-needed new homes. We are also have a one-star accreditation from Best Companies, putting us in the top 25 housing association to work for.