Property & Construction
We are looking for a proactive individual that is interested in becoming a Gateway Repairs Team Leader.
This person’s role will include managing a multi-skilled team to deliver excellent, customer-focussed repairs and maintenance services, achieving quality and other targets as well as delivering value for money. They will continually seek improvements and innovations which enhance the service.
The ideal candidate for this role will have recent and relevant experience in:
Previous experience in the same/similar role.
- Experience and demonstrable ability in managing a multi-disciplinary team including dispersed staff, preferably in the social housing repairs and maintenance sector.
- An appropriate construction-related qualification or experience in one or more building trade.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus and an ability to negotiate in a resolute and fair manner.
- Ability to maintain an effective and professional approach at all times.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, other staff, customers and partners to provide efficient and effective services.
- Ability to problem solve, balancing customer needs with organisational targets and constraints.
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
- Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
- Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
- Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response.
We know that good homes give people the chance to lead more fulfilling lives. That’s why we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality homes and friendlier communities. We own and manage more than 5,000 homes in South-West Hertfordshire.
We are a housing association with homes across South-West Hertfordshire. We aim to make a real difference by delivering better homes and supporting our communities.