An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Gas Engineer to join our in-house Repairs Team (GRT) to deliver an effective high quality repairs and maintenance service to our residents. You will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of works from a pre-allocated appointment system, ensuring that they are completed in line with relevant health and safety regulations, paying regard to cleanliness and tidiness.
You will work closely with the team leader, escalating any concerns or queries regarding your works.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role so will be able to demonstrate relevant experience, an understanding of health & safety regulations and qualifications (with at least 12 months to expiry) in the following:
- CCN1, CEN1, WAT1, CKR1, HTR1, CPA1
- Servicing domestic gas appliances including; boilers, back boilers fires and water heaters
- Competency of diagnosing faults and repairs in all areas of gas appliances, central heating systems boilers and controls
You will have the ability to accurately complete reports on both hand written paper work and electronic handheld devices. You will be well organised and able to work well as part of a team. Experience of working within responsive repairs and/or housing environment and competency in other trades would be an advantage but are not essential for the right candidate.
Due to the nature of the role, a full driving licence and a satisfactory basic level Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is essential.
When applying for Watford Community Housing, please consider our organisation’s values:
• Professional – We are honest, open and respectful. People trust us to keep our promises.
• Collaborative – We work together as one team and build lasting partnerships to get results.
• Forward-thinking – We have a can-do attitude and embrace opportunities to improve and innovate.
The closing date is 10/09/2020 (but please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response).
Interviews will take place on w/c 14/09/2020