Are you a competent Gas Engineer with significant experience in gas and heating breakdowns across a wide variety of gas appliance manufacturers within a domestic environment? Do you hold ACS Gas qualifications and have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and fault finding? If so, our Property Services Team here at Paradigm Housing Group are looking for a Service and Breakdown Gas Engineer.
Paradigm is one of the South East’s leading housing providers. We manage almost 15,000 homes across 34 different local authorities.
This is an exciting time to be joining us here at Paradigm Housing Group. With a turnover of £115m and a substantial development and sales programme, we are making the most of our many opportunities in a challenging but rewarding environment.
We have a clear and ambitious view of where we are as an organisation and where we need to get to; providing more homes for people who need them by running an efficient and successful business.
Your Gas Engineer Role:
We are looking to recruit a Gas Engineer to complete day to day gas breakdown repair work and servicing competently, unsupervised and in accordance with all Paradigm’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out all gas breakdown repair work and servicing unsupervised, to a high standard and aligned to approved codes of practice and regulations and within target timescales.
- To diagnose and fix all types of gas appliance and heating faults using own initiative and tools where appropriate to achieve ‘first time fix’ target. ?
- Complete all necessary documentation, including certificates, accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with Paradigm’s procedures. ?
- Carry out works in a courteous and professional manner, aligned to customer care standards ensuring that the reputation and standing of Paradigm is positively promoted in all dealings. ?
- Comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and procedures, including task specific risk assessments and method statements, in the carrying out of servicing work, reporting any potentially unsafe working methods, installations or equipment to management as appropriate. ?
- Communicate effectively and work productively with tenants and staff demonstrating a duty of care and reporting any issues immediately. ?
- Materials and equipment should be used to effectively and safely complete all works, minimising waste and surplus materials wherever possible and ensuring van stock levels are maintained. ?
- The post holder will be required to comply with all procedures relating to assets of the business to include commercial vehicle regulations, telecommunications devices, uniform, PPE and identification badges. ?
Our Ideal Gas Engineer:
To become our next successful Gas Engineer, we are seeking a candidate with previous experience in gas and heating breakdowns. Other skills and experience will also include:
- ACS Gas Qualifications – CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, CPA1
- Competent in electrical work relating to various heating systems
- Have a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and fault finding?
- A sound knowledge of relevant legislation and/or Codes of Practice i.e. construction, building regulations and health and safety
- An ability to make well informed decisions in line with business interest by using your own initiative
- A reasonable level of literacy and numeracy
- Full valid driving licence.
- Willing and able to work as part of a team, flexibly and independently
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively?
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to excellent standards in customer service. ?
- To be part of the ‘On Call’ team to cover the out of hours work when required?
- An ability to manage your time and prioritise accordingly and meet tight ?
- Unvented G3 course
Your Package and Benefits:
At Paradigm, we work hard and strive for excellence. In return for your continued commitment, we offer the following range of benefits:
- Market Leading Salary of £37,080
- 25 days’ holiday (raising up to 30) as well as an additional 3 days’ closure at Christmas
- Fantastic working environment
- Health Cash Plan
- Bonus potential
- Competitive pension options
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
We welcome applications from all sections of the communities that we work in.
Shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification
To be considered as our next Service and Breakdown Gas Engineer, and not to miss out on this fantastic opportunity, click Apply Now to complete our online application and register your interest. We look forward to meeting you.