IT & Communication Technology
Come and join one of the most progressive, exciting and ambitious ecommerce agencies in the UK.
GENE, twice voted ‘Best Ecommerce Agency’ at the Ecommerce Expo Awards for Excellence is not your average agency. We have evolved from being a boutique ecommerce agency in Brighton, UK to one of the leading certified Magento Enterprise Partners with an international reputation. Innovation and ideas are at the heart of our business and this sets us apart.
We pride ourselves on client partnerships, supporting brands over the long term with ambitious development, product and innovation roadmaps – not burning out over fast turnover, pile ‘em high, design-theme-build gigs.
We are looking for experienced, talented and ambitious Front-end Developers to join our existing in-house development team and help deliver large-scale, international, ecommerce projects.
We are not looking for just any Front-end developer. We are looking for someone different, someone innovative, someone who brings the energy and helps us find a way when others might falter. You’ll be creative, and obviously you’re someone with natural coding ability and a passion for web technologies, but also someone always full of inspirational ideas. Crucially you’re a team player that thrives on the input of others, and you’re someone who wants to make a difference.
Agile (no, really!) is at the core of our business and you can expect to be working in small sprint teams of other developers, designers/UXers and facilitators. You’ll be engaging directly with the client and taking full accountability for not just what you deliver, but the rationale and decision making process behind what you actually decide to deliver.
If you're looking to be part of a company that embodies creativity and innovation, works on the cutting edge of emerging technologies, and truly values people and culture, then GENE is the place for you.
- Comfortable collaborating as part of a team or independently where required
- An adept problem solver with strong ‘debugging’ skills
- A forward thinker and eager learner looking to constantly grow and improve
- At least two years of website or application development experience in React, Vue JS or Angular
- Extensive experience in modern, standards driven, accessible HTML/CSS and mobile-first, responsive development.
- Experience developing headless applications against APIs (Rest API/GraphQL)
- Comfortable working with version control systems, modern infrastructure, contemporary workflows and tooling (gitflow, docker, CI/CD, etc)
Desirable but not Essential Experience
- PWA development
- Any development experience on the Magento Commerce Platform
What we can do for you
- We are a remote-first business but have great offices in the centre of Brighton, Bristol and Liverpool should you wish to use them
- Regularly go for team lunches/drinks after work/industry conferences
- Everybody has an annual personal, professional training budget
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Flexible working patterns
So if you have the ability, attitude and ambition, and want to work with GENE, send us an email to tell us all about you and why you’d be right for the role, along with your CV and any links to portfolio, work examples, github and side projects, as you see fit – basically anything that will help show us what you can do!