Transport & Logistics
Find Online Recruitment Group are working exclusively with an established and successful business based in Southampton in the recruitment of a Forklift Driver.
Our client invest in their people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Forklift Driver will be a key member of the Manufacturing Team, responsible for material and product movement within the factory and yard, as well as loading and despatching of finished goods..
Role & Responsibilities:
- To organise and carry out material movements within the factory and yard as trained to meet pre-agreed standards in safety; quality and productivity
- Clear and accurate checking and recording of both Goods in & despatch information required to maintain the Goods stock systems
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues within the production & logistics team
- Report issues of a health & safety nature, problems with equipment or materials, etc.
- Support process improvements within the yard and logistics area
- Desired experience:
- Hold a current Fork Lift Truck Licence – ideally with Combi-lift conversion but this is not essential as training can be provided
- Demonstrate ability to take loading information and organise materials safely onto loads
- Experience and appreciation of warehouse working and stock control systems is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of timber products or industry is beneficial but not essential
Our client is keen to appoint the successful candidate in January, and are able to progress to offer stage swiftly, for the right candidate. Early applications are encouraged.