Property & Construction
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced candidate who is competent in the field if Fire Risk Assessment and can demonstrate how they have worked to deadlines whilst engaging residents and colleagues. Responsibilities include supporting our business on the completion of Compliant Type 1 Fire Risk Assessments to a pre-determined programme, providing advice to colleagues in the business on fire related matters, and reviewing documentation provided by other organisations relating to the fire safety of our residents. Paradigm’s priority is the safety of residents and colleagues and in that respect the role will also include working with residents directly and providing solutions for fire safety issues they may have, such as Person-Centred Fire Risk Assessments and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans. You will also have experience communicating with local fire and rescue organisations to develop positive working relationships.
The Fire Risk Assessor is part of a small, specialised team within the Compliance department and this post is responsible to the Fire Risk Assessment Manager. As fire safety is a core activity you will forge relationships and support colleagues from all areas of the business, so evidence of working collaboratively is important. There will be a requirement to visit sites across the full area in which Paradigm operates and writing up reports in a timely and accurate manner. You will have impact on our development programme and have experience in reviewing Reg 38 documents and pre inspecting new build blocks. Due to the need to visit Paradigm Offices and Properties it is therefore essential that you have a full current driving licence and daily access to a car.
Where could this role take you?
This is a permanent role in a core team and in this changing environment the successful candidate will be supported to undertake training and continuing personal development to ensure their skill set manages the requirement. Due to the volume of work related to this core task it has been calculated that the role will be Part Time, 2 days a week.
We are looking for someone with great enthusiasm for fire safety and a passion for excellent service who has experience in carrying out fire risk assessments in a team environment. Working via a mixture of office, remote and homeworking, you will be largely working independently to a standard set and monitored within the business. Experience/knowledge of fire risk assessment in a Housing environment is essential. The successful candidate will be a competent Fire Risk Assessor and be prepared to continue their learning in what is a developing field.
We do have a comprehensive personal and professional development suite available to all our employees. So not only is this a great opportunity to join a high performing and specialist team at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the future success of our business, you can continue to grow and develop yourself, building an exciting/interesting/rewarding career with a growing business. The successful candidate will have a full driving license (preferably clean), and daily access to a car to carry out the role. (Business mileage, less home to work, will be paid at the prevailing rate).
A reasonable level of physical fitness is required for the role as there will be some carrying of ladders as the role involves accessing roof voids as part of the risk assessment process, ensuring Health and Safety Requirements are always met.
We are a Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions (Pro Rata calculation here?) SP: We simply write (pro rata for P/T) as it is calculated in hours (as a rough idea it will be 2/5ths of a full time entitlement which is 10 days)
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Remote hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year (pro rate for P/T)
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging electric vehicle charging points for vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Opportunities for career advancement – if that’s what you want, but it’s fine if you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in shortlisting will be conducted in line with the essential and desirable criteria set out in the person specification.
If the above appeals to you, apply today and/or pass on these vacancy details to someone who may also fit the bill. What have you got to lose?