Financial Reporting Assistant
£30,000 to £34,000 pa (based on experience)
Full-time | Permanent
About The FSE Group:
For 20 years our primary goal has been to provide tailored funding solutions and support for ambitious and innovative small and medium enterprises (SMEs), to help them achieve their maximum potential. With nearing £300m of debt and equity funds under management, the Group is continuing to grow and prides itself on taking an integrated approach to the funding needs of our clients.
With a passion for, and successful history in, managing and deploying market gap funds with an economic impact purpose, we focus on more than pure commercial return to support the growth of SMEs. We promote diversity. We support underrepresented geographies. We are insightful in determining how we can improve an evolving funding landscape and we stimulate sustainability by successfully recycling smaller funds. We are more than money.
The core values we live by as FSE employees are Collaboration, Innovation, Inclusivity, Sustainability and Delivery.
With one of our core values being inclusivity, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer and treat all applications fairly and welcome job applicants from all communities and affinity groups.
Overall job purpose:
You will be a member of a growing fund and portfolio management business based in Camberley. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of internal and external financial reporting and stakeholder assignments. As a member of the finance team, you would be expected to extract information from our internal systems and consolidate the information to meet the requirements of our stakeholders. This will include the preparation of fund performance reports, deal reports and extracting information from the accounting system.
The fast growth of the department will create opportunities to develop further skill sets including business development and partnering. It will also present an opportunity to work with a variety of colleagues and businesses across the UK.
As part of the Finance team, your role will be broad, and duties will include:
- Assist with fund forecasting and act as point of contact for all reporting requirements.
- Taking the lead on extracting and presenting accurate information from the CRM and
- finance systems for quarterly fund reporting.
- Co-ordinate, produce and issue monthly management accounting information to
- external stakeholders.
- Create internal performance reports for regional funds; Check and provide
- commentary and assist fund heads with fund performance and targets.
- Work with the Fund Executives in each fund to ensure MI coordination is effective and
- deadlines met.
- Input to process improvement in information production with focus on accuracy and
- resolution of any queries or discrepancies.
- Assist with preparation of management accounting entries.
- Assist with completion of monthly FCA data needs.
- Coordinate equity revaluation and debt provision accounting with the portfolio team.
- Become the expert on answering ad-hoc queries re SPV figures, budget, and
- Assist with the annual audit
- Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Accuracy and an ability to consider the wider implications of the role.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word
Hybrid working with a minimum of 2 days in the office. Must be in a suitable location to enable commuting and have a reliable vehicle to facilitate this.
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary commensurate with your experience banding £30,000pa to £34,000 pa.
- 25 days annual leave plus usual Bank holidays in England & Wales. You will also get your birthday off.
- Ability for you to use 1 day for Corporate Social Responsibility purposes annually.
- 5% employer contribution to pension scheme, subject to minimum 3% contribution from employee.
- Death in Service benefit equivalent to 4x salary
- 50% funded private medical scheme, income protection and health cash plan scheme.
If this sounds like you, please click the Apply button!
All applicants must live and have the right to work in the UK.