Finance Systems Analyst - Urgent - FTC 9-12 months Maternity cover
Permanent, 37 hrs per week – some flexibility on start and finish times, part-time considered 30 hours over 5 days or 4 full days
We’d like to hear from experienced and enthusiastic Finance Systems Analyst’s as one of our valuable team members will soon be starting her Maternity leave for around 12 months. In this post you will manage our Finance Service desk; dealing with and resolving queries, you will work alongside our Head of Financial Systems, who will be able to answer any particularly tricky queries and you will have a colleague to work with.
You will be the key point of contact for day-to-day operational queries, including setting user permissions, providing advice on the Purchase to Procure (P2P) system and managing approval hierarchies. Responsible for setting and adhering to query Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), you should be confident in putting forward alternative suggestions that may provide our colleagues a more effective and efficient service.
In addition to managing the service desk you will assist in data cleansing exercises to improve the accuracy of finance related reporting across the business, including the analysis of large volumes of data which will rely upon your Advanced Excel skills.
Paradigm is undergoing a period of positive change, which will mean regular involvement with process reviews, system enhancements and larger corporate projects and therefore this is a great opportunity for you to input into our future success and gain valuable career-enhancing experience.
Where could this role take you?
Whilst this is not currently a permanent role, in a business our size and with the transformation we are going through, there is a possibility that this could either be extended, made permanent or other opportunities may arise; many of our talented colleagues started at Paradigm as temporary/interim and have gone on to forge successful careers with us. However, if something longer term doesn’t materialise, you will still gain valuable experience which will add to your employability in this and similar fields.
Our ideal candidate will be/have:
- Experience of Sun Accounts
- Professional competence and success in complex, changing environment
- Clear understanding of the regulatory framework of accounting.
- Experience of implementing improvements in systems, including working with other departments and organisations to reach solutions that are effective and efficient.
- Excellent PC skills including strong Microsoft Word, Power Point and Advanced Excel.
- Excellent data analytical skills
About us: We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation, offering a welcoming and friendly environment. We are very proud to be awarded a 1 STAR a accreditation by ‘Best Companies’ due to our high employee engagement.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (Volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging electric vehicle charging points for vehicles
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.