Salary: £27,973 p.a
Contract: Permanent, Full-time 35 hours a week
Location: South-West London, UK / some remote working
This is an exciting opportunity to join Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW), a Christian organisation working for religious freedom through advocacy and human rights in the pursuit of justice. CSW is an incredible team of people dedicated to bringing about freedom and justice all over the world. We are confident in our identity as a Christian human rights organisation that works for freedom of religion or belief for all people, no matter what religion, belief, faith or no-faith they might hold.
We are seeking an experienced Finance Officer to take on administration duties in our Finance Department. You will be CIMA or ACCA or ACA (at least part) qualified. Furthermore, you will be responsible for all expenditure recordings including cash, cheque and BACS payments to suppliers, employees (salaries, expense reimbursements & advances) and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Gatekeeper responsible for implementing all finance policies on payments and expenditures
- BACS, cheques and petty cash payments and recording
- SAGE Ledger postings of all expenditures
- Payment of all suppliers’ invoices in line with the agreed credit terms.
- Prompt payment of all statutory dues (PAYE and National Insurance deductions each month).
- Payment of salaries to all employees each month.
- Ensure real time update of the SAGE Fixed Assets module with all additions and disposals.
- Support the Finance Director in monitoring compliance to company policies and procedures on expenditures and payments.
A committed Christian in agreement with CSW’s Christian values you will have dedication and commitment to your work.
- Educated to at least 2.2 Hons degree level, preferably in a relevant subject
- At least 2 years financial experience .
- SAGE Line50 accounting package to advanced level.
- Good team working and relationship-building skills .
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
- Must have the right to reside and work in the United Kingdom.
We offer flexible working, your birthday off, pension with 6% employer contribution and free eye tests.
Closing date: Noon Wednesday 29 March 2023.
Interviews: Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview on Thursday 6 April 2023. The interviews will take place in person at our New Malden Office if possible or online.
If this sounds like you, then please click the apply button to send a copy of your CV to us and in return receive our application form.
This post falls within the definition of an Occupational Requirement as per the Equality Act 2010.