Extended Maternity Cover 14 months
Feel like you could do more with your finance and accounting skills? Not a typical finance person? We're an exciting, ethical business and we're looking for someone like you!
This is a demanding role within a growing organisation. As a social enterprise as well as an award-winning, premium supplier, Connection Crew successfully marries industry leading performance with strong social outputs. We were founded within a homelessness charity as a training and employment opportunity for people who had experienced homelessness, and today we are still committed to preventing and reducing homelessness. We do this through the?provision of flexible jobs in a?friendly and supportive environment, as well as training and in-work support to those who may struggle to find or stay in work.
The finance manager is responsible for ensuring the business has the financial resources it requires to both operate to the highest achievable standards and continue to grow.
This key role will take a departmental approach to delivering the financial needs of a busy business. The Finance Manager will need to manage a growing team to support the business as it expands into 2024.
Good knowledge of accountancy principals coupled with the ability to be fast and agile across different disciplines of accountancy is required. Knowing when to act on experience is a must as this is a high-volume business dealing in hundreds of transactions a week.
The need to be responsive, flexible, and well organised while remaining professional and calm will come naturally to the right candidate through experience and personal attributes.
- Run the finance department ensuring both financial supervision and rigour
- Manage the accounts administrator to ensure all their duties are completed
- Responsible for ensuring bank, credit card and petty cash reconciliation is up to date
- Manage all aspects of both the sales & purchase ledgers including entry if needed
- Carrying out credit control to ensure the business meets its cash demands
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Provide comprehensive budget forecasting
- Ensure cashflow model is accurate and up to date to understand cash needs
- Prepare and execute multiple payrolls including weekly and monthly, ensure timely reporting to HMRC
- Administer multiple company pensions schemes
- Preparation and filing of quarterly VAT and Intermediary reporting to HMRC
- Work with company Directors to meet business targets
- Organise and attend weekly finance meetings
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team is essential
- Intermediate to high proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v look ups, etc.)
- Use of Xero accountancy software
- ACCA accredited or equivalent
- At least 5 years of accounting experience
- At least 2 years of payroll experience
- Ability to re-prioritise workflow with changing demands
- IT literacy with a systems-led approach to work is critical
- Demonstrable experience in financial management
- Excellent communicator with superb people skills
- Understands the value of meetings and collaboration between departments
- Inspire colleagues to successfully navigate pressure professionally and reliably
- Excellent administrator, highly organised and able to influence others to be the same
- Strong team player who can own mistakes and share successes
- Confident, personable, friendly, trustworthy, polite and tenacious
- Proven ability to manage others in a team to galvanise around shared challenges and deliver on targets
- Experience of the third sector or desire to work in ethical business is desirable
- £45,000 per annum / Auto-enrolment pension
- 20 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays plus Christmas office closure.
- Immediate start / Full time
- Office based / Flexible start time - 8 hr working day excl. lunch.
- Cycle to work and electric car schemes
Culture and Location:
We are a friendly team at our Bermondsey HQ, working in a lively, fast-paced work environment. The team is a collection of talented individuals, with different attributes and viewpoints that come together to create an energetic and enjoyable place to work.
Our HQ is a short walk from Bermondsey and South Bermondsey stations with good bus connections from Surrey Quays station and other London areas.
Connection Crew is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy and maternity, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.