Paradigm owns and manages over 15,600 homes across the South-East and London. We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation, offering a welcoming and friendly environment. We are very proud to be awarded a 1 STAR a accreditation by ‘Best Companies’ due to our high employee engagement. We clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them
It is an exciting time to work in the social housing sector, as the sector tries to improve the environmental credentials of properties they manage and build. We are looking for a Finance Business Partner - Development to support our development and finance functions. This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the future success of our business.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Business Partnering you will work with our Head of Delivery (Development) and Head of New Business (Development) on: budgeting and forecasting, monitoring financial performance against development appraisals and challenging cost and performance drivers.
You will build partnerships and maintain strong working relationships with the development department and their key stakeholders. Ensuring delivery of a reliable, consistent, and accurate partner-focused management information service. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely development forecasts, producing KPI’s, identifying key risks to the achievement of the development budget and making sure that appropriate measures are put in place to manage these risks.
As Paradigm aims to deliver its development and financial targets set out in our corporate plan, this role will be central to the provision of relevant, up to date financial information in order to support and challenge the business monitor financial performance.
Our ideal candidate will be/have:
- Full accountancy qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA. IPFA, CIMA) with significant post qualification experience, ideally with some in Business Partnering
- Professional competence and success in complex, changing environment
- Clear understanding of the regulatory framework of accounting.
- Experience of implementing improvements in systems, including working with other departments and organisations to reach solutions that are effective and efficient.
- Excellent PC skills including strong Microsoft Word, Power Point and advanced Excel.
- Previous experience of working with housing development, or construction or property business
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Experience of providing a strong business partnering service
The most important element is your understanding and expertise in the area of (housing) development finance as you will be working closely with this team in ensuring that our finances are on track, risks are identified and mitigated and that you work in partnership with our Development directorate colleagues.
You may be in a similar role or you’re an aspiring Management Accountant with Development expertise? Maybe you’ve had a career break and want to utilise that incredible knowledge of Development finance. Or perhaps you’ve worked at a more senior level and no longer want that level of responsibility but have the desire and drive to deploy your development expertise for a strong social purpose. We understand that people have lives outside of work and we are happy to discuss flexible working patterns from 30-37 hours per week.
In return we offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start plus 3 paid days between Christmas and New Year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions (pro-rata for part time)
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl. generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more. It’s free to add up to 4 dependent children aged up to 24yrs (if in f/t education) and each child is entitled to 50% worth of your allowance for each category!
- Remote / hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid ‘Giving Back’ (Volunteer) days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement –
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Christmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.