Care & Social Care
Are you passionate about enabling people to become more active and able to manage their health conditions?
Role Snapshot… Would you like to play a key role in helping people with health conditions to become more physically active? Active NoW is a coordination centre working with health professionals to direct a range of clients to appropriate physical activity provision, support them on their journey and enable them to make long term behaviour changes.
What you could be part of…
The Communities Team provides a range of services for residents which includes; engaging with community groups, delivering a highly regarded holiday scheme for young people, providing physical activity opportunities for those with stable health conditions, building bespoke support packages for vulnerable people, facilitating grant programs including our Community at Heart Lottery, processing information for Assets of Community Value (ACV) and enabling a variety of events to take place. As part of this, Active NoW is a county-wide coordination centre for exercise referral and you will be at the heart of supporting individuals to begin their physical activity journey.
The team puts the resident first. Our aim is to enable communities to flourish and the projects we deliver and facilitate are key to this ethos.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Be a first point of contact for all visitors to Active NoW
- Provide a coordination and information point for patients and professionals through face to face contact, telephone and digital enquiries
- Triaging all referrals to appropriate physical activity provision based upon the customer’s needs
- Using Make Every Contact Count (MECC) and Brief Intervention principles to encourage positive lifestyle and behaviour changes.
- Work closely with the Help Hub, health partners and other services to ensure clients have access to wider support services where appropriate.
- Undertake administrative duties for the coordination centre
You must have…
- Experience or an understanding of dealing with vulnerable or challenging customers in a face to face or administrative role
- The ability to monitor and support a customer’s experience by mentoring them through a process whilst monitoring strict confidentiality protocols. This includes using behaviour change techniques to support customer’s decisions and commitment
- Evidence of being able to develop, maintain and update procedures as necessary
- Demonstrable evidence of being able to exercise judgement in a range of scenarios including working with different organisations.
- Ability to find creative solutions and make sound decisions in order to resolve customer issues
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal and communicate with different audiences in an appropriate manner
- Experience of working with IT systems and Microsoft office applications
What’s in it for you…
Why Work For Us?
Do you want to know more about why our staff work for us? Our website has a fantastic why work for us section where our staff tell us what makes working for the Councils so special.
What Flexible and Agile Working Arrangements do we Offer?
The Councils understand the importance of operating a work life balance in the modern world. The Councils operate a flexible working policy and agile working options available for employees where operationally possible.
What Roles Do the Councils Offer?
The Councils operate a vast and diverse number of services for our residents, so with this comes a vast and diverse amount of job roles within the Councils. Our website has a great graphic showing all our job families and roles within the Councils. From here you can plan your career with the Councils or get some ideas on other roles that you may be interested in.
What Benefits do our Employees Receive?
View all our amazing staff benefits on offer for our employees. Our website has a brilliant benefits section allowing you to see the range of discounts, exclusive offers and total rewards our employees receive. Make sure you stop by to find out more information.
What Employer Accreditations do we Hold?
The Councils have a range of employer accreditations that we have worked very hard to achieve. Our website has a full descriptive list of all our current accreditations and what this means for our employees.
What Wellbeing Support do our Staff Have Access to?
The Councils want to ensure all our employees have a safe comfortable place to work, ensuring that employees feel empowered to actively manage their own wellbeing both at work and at home. The Councils have a large wellbeing section available on the website outlining our commitment to the wellbeing of the employees of the Council.
Where are we advertising?
Advertising Internally and Externally
If external, please apply via our website. If internal, please apply via submitting your expression of interest to the relevant recruiting manager; a template for an expression of interest can be found on Connect.
If you any questions about the role, then please don’t hesitate to contact the recruiting manager or the HR Team, who will be happy to answer any questions on the role or the Councils.
Closing date: Sunday 11 June at 11:30PM
The Councils reserve the right to close any and all vacancies at any time if there is judged to be a sufficient number of applications received.
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Please note we will not accept any DBS checks from a previous employer. For roles that require a criminal record check – enhanced