Property & Construction
With increased focus in the areas where our customers live, an interesting and varied job vacancy role has become available. Our role is key to the success of our Estates Services team of 9 people, who work as part of the larger Property directorate of around 200 people in total, so there will be plenty of support and expertise for you to tap into and build your knowledge and career, if that’s what you would like to do.
Our team monitor, assess and report on estate compliance, working with a number of departments, contractors and managing agents to rectify any issues identified and ensure our estates meet the required standards. Carrying out cyclical inspections of all communal areas and amenity land, which includes monitoring of contracts, such as grounds maintenance and cleaning contracts ensuring value for value for money is achieved. Investigate contact logs, resolve where possible, recording of activity and updating internal IT systems.
Your role will also be to identify areas and estates that could benefit from improvements and highlighting these with local Housing teams, Senior Estates Officers and contractors, where there is need more intensive work. This will link in with colleagues looking at proactive solutions to tackle elements such as Anti-Social Behaviour. Your remit will include carrying out tests of safety equipment in communal areas such as testing of fire panels, smoke detectors and lift alarms in conjunction with Fire Alarm Technician, Fire door inspection and recording, water testing to comply with Legionella risk assessments, car park inspections, rectify small issues in communal areas (such as replacing light bulbs, and removal of bulky items).
Whatever sector you’ve worked in, we’re interested in hearing from people who can bring their unique experience, skills and expertise; strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to engage cooperatively with all kinds of people. You will be inquisitive and ask questions, following up on safety issues and matters that need to be rectified, reporting on and concluding as necessary.
As a member of our friendly and hardworking estates team, you will need to be/have :
- a good working knowledge of building compliance fire safety minor repairs (or be prepared to learn & develop this knowledge)
- keen and critical eye for detail
- establish good working relationships with our internal and external partners promoting our values and work ethic.
- working knowledge of legislation new or established that applies to the estate services sector.
- a good working knowledge of building compliance fire safety
- minor building repairs experience
- Basic physical fitness and able to work at heights if require
- a full & current driving licence (preferably clean) and ability to undertake a mobile role is essential.
About us: We are a values’ driven, ambitious organisation. We’re Best Companies 1 STAR accredited organisation in recognition of our high employee engagement and offer a welcoming and friendly environment. We are clearly focussed on the delivery of our five-year corporate plan with ambitious and challenging objectives including improving our environment and sustainability targets to deliver quality homes to people who need them.
We offer a very generous package including the following:
- Holidays – 25 days to start (this rises with service to a maximum of 30 days) plus 3 paid days between Xmas and new year when we close, plus the opportunity to buy up to another 5 days – subject to conditions
- Pension scheme: employee minimum contribution of 3% and Paradigm will contribute 7.5% or 9.5% depending on the employee’s contribution rate.
- Annual Bonus potential
- Professional Sponsorship Scheme (subject to conditions) and professional subscriptions paid
- Family Friendly policies incl generous Paternity, Maternity, Shared parental and adoption leave, sabbaticals and more
- Health Cash Plan – worth over £1,800 p/a includes Dental, Optical, Prescriptions and Flu jabs, Physiotherapy, Chiropractic therapy, Reflexology, Sports massage and more.
- Remote / hybrid working
- Up to 3 paid Volunteer days a year
- Newly created modern offices collaborative offices, with free parking and charging points for electric vehicles
- Car Leasing scheme (subject to conditions)
- Employee Rewards platform
- Opportunities for career advancement – if you want it, but fine f you don’t
- Social events, such as Quiz nights, Xmas Party, Summer BBQ (Covid permitting)
We support flexible ways of working and welcome applications from all sections of the communities we work in.