Care & Social Care
We are looking for fully qualified and experienced individuals with a passion for care to join our team as a Qualified Emergency Driving Ambulance Care Assistant (either D1/D2 or L3-CERAD with FPOS-I or FREC 3) at BEARS Ambulance Service in Edgware.
FULLY QUALIFIED POSITION - PRIOR EMERGENCY DRIVING AND MEDICAL EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
BEARS Ambulance Service HQ in Edgware, Southampton and Oxford are a leading specialist ambulance service provider to the National Health Service (NHS) in London and across the UK, providing both emergency and non-emergency patient transport service for adult, paediatric, and secure ambulance patient transfers.
Our vision is to deliver an outstanding patient transport service built on our principles of Safety, Comfort and Care. This does not just apply to how we treat our patients but governs all areas of our company especially how we look after our Staff.
About the Role:
Duties to include the movement of patients by using wheelchairs, carry chairs and stretchers and also supporting patients that are car suitable. To ensure all vehicles are maintained in a clean and tidy manner and to report immediately any defects or accidents. You will be responsible for the assessment of patients before they are transported in non-emergency situations.
You will be responsible in overseeing the:
- Transfer patients of all mobility, which includes, walking patients, wheelchair patients, stretcher and bariatric patients etc.
- Drive all vehicles in emergency/non-emergency situations legally and in accordance with the Company driving policy while demonstrating consideration for the comfort and safety of the patient and colleagues, showing consideration for other road users
- Attend and transport patients, clinical teams and relatives in accordance with Company policies and procedures, including Company Scope of Practice (SOP) guidelines
- Work within the relevant Scope of Practice (SOP) for the designated role and provide treatment up to the post-holder's assessed ability in line with current best practice including cardiac monitoring, suctioning and complete Patient Care Records (PCR’s), assist HDU/Paramedics and medical teams as required.
- Supporting and helping Patients from their collection address to their destination address. This is likely to include the manual handling of patients.
- Taking responsibility for the patient in their care, ensuring that the patient is comfortable, safe and administering aid when required.
- Protecting those that are vulnerable (Safeguarding)
- Ensure adequate information is passed on to clinical team and patients carers as part of the transfer protocols
- Communicating effectively with staff and colleagues to ensure the patient is receiving the best care.
- Transporting patients safely, comfortably and in good time to their appointments
- When taking the patient home, across the threshold of their address and making sure they are settled in and their needs are catered for and they are safe before leaving
- Completing routine care of ambulance equipment and daily vehicle checks
- Ensuring that infection prevention and control measures are adhered to at all times.
- Keeping accurate records of journeys using your PDA.
- Administering First aid should the patient require it, to the level you have been trained
Our Ideal Emergency Driving Ambulance Care Assistant
All candidate must have the following requirements as a minimum:
- Clean DBS
- 3 Years of Employment Referencing
- English and Maths Literacy
- Clean Driving Licence with 2 Years Emergency Driving Experience
- Emergency Driving Qualification D1/D2 or L3-CERAD
- Medical Qualification FPOS(i) or FREC 3
- C1 Driving Licence
As part of the BEARS training pathways, we provide ongoing clinical support and annual refresher training which includes accredited and nationally recognised (Qualsafe) training as below:
- Annual Ambulance Driving Refreshers
- Annual Medical Gasses and AED Refreshers (Qualsafe Accredited)
- Annual Moving and Handling (Qualsafe Accredited)
- Annual Clinical Life Support Refresher
- 14 Online Training Courses including Level 2 Safeguarding Adults and Children
In return for your continued commitment, we are offering the following benefits:
- Competitive Salary of £12.00 per hour OTE (£10.50 per hour base salary)
- Permanent full time positions available 4 on 4 off (42 Hours per week) or 4 days out of 7 (48 Hours per week)
- Free to Use Company Gym and Shower facilities on site
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Performance Bonus Program
- 24/7 Clinical Help Line (Team of HART/ED Paramedics)
- Occupational Health Service
- Employee Assistance Programs
Be a part of a professional, competent and dedicated team who want to make a difference to sick people needing hospital transport. We believe in developing our teams to deliver a “Best in Class” service for all our patients. Apply now and make a difference to people requiring care and compassion.